anybody tried this boost control.

This isn't designed for the turbo buick but I'm sure It will work just fine. I used one just like it and it was good until the adjuster and jam nut basck out and fell off.

When you buy from jason you always get advice that no amount of money can buy.Support board members.JMHO

I have it on my car and it seems to work just fine. I have other issues to deal with, so I haven't adjusted it for a lot of boost yet, though.

John

For the couple bux you might save, you are far better off supporting one of the Buick vendors.

The Ball+Spring boost "controller" has been around for a long time. One of the first promoters of the "Grainger" valve was Gus Mahon, a real pillar of the Chrysler Turbo community. Although, he may have gotten the idea from someone else...

Unfortunately he was killed in 2002.

Gus Mahon Homepage or just Google Gus Mahon

RJC's valve is a version of Gus's original valve.

Now, there are tons of variations on the Ball+Spring design, and they all work the same way. Hallman is one of the major players in this market along with BoostValve.com. The Grainger based valves seem to be the highest quality.

There is a group of Ball+Spring valves that are not as good, and that Ebay one looks to be from that group. It is made from a brass T with one branch tapped for that adjuster bolt. While you can adjust it without twisting the hoses, the adjustment is too coarse and the space inside the brass body is most likely too small for a good spring. So the adjustment will be touchy.

So "Grainger" based valves like the RJC are better. And supporting the Buick vendors is the right way to go.

Bob

Had two of them. Will work fine, but keep the jamb nut tight or you will lose the spring and ball bearing along with the bolt & nut.

I bought one cause of the price and if it did not work I would not be out much, I leave the controller under the hood and it took several try's to get it right and in the process lost the ball and spring when I was unscrewing the stop and boyyyinnng, there goes the ball and spring, e-mailed them and they sent me one at no charge, just make sure that you tighten the jam nut and the boost control is sensitive, if I rememeber 1/2 turn or so per lb boost, no problems with unit so far, but I have not used or driven the car much this year. which sucks on my part, for the price I would buy another, and I just spent alot of money with RJC and got my parts today, spread it around a little.

Ron