Anyone from Maine here?

zzzwilliams3200

Hi,
Just looking to see if anyone here is from around southern Maine or in the area. Anyone planning on going to New England Dragway much this summer? I just acquired an 87 Regal T-type that I would like to hook up to a Scanmaster to see how it is going...having a few problems with knock possibly :confused: Let me know maybe we can meet up there sometime. Thanks!

Zach

There are several TB guys that go to NED. I don't know the next time but if your having knock problems you don't want to race your car until you get that straightend out. Have you done the "spring cleaning" ? How good is your gas? Stock chip or a modded chip? If you have a Scanmaster some issues can be learned right away like TPS and IAC. It's a very good investment.

I wont be racing it for a little while, I bought a good set of welded stock headers and crossover pipe from RyansGNdoes10s, working on figuring out a way to patch or plug up the EGT hole in the PS header (if anyone has any ideas feel free to chime in). Those will be back on fairly soon after I figure that out. My stock DS header had 2 cracks and a good size pinhole in it where a weld had pulled out. From what I have read, the noise from that can cause a good false knock signal, as well as leak good turbine gasses out too. The guy who had it before had the tranny rebuilt and the shop put in a D6 convertor (1300 stall) so that is another thing I have to get straightened out before the track. I have installed a hooker cat-back, 3inch intercooler up pipe, and K+N filter. The tranny shop also installed an aftermarket type TV cable which I think is the cause of poor shifting. At WOT it pretty much wont shift out of 1st gear, and going maybe 35-40mph flooring it it will try and downshift to 1st if I would let it (let off so it doesnt ever really over-rev). Gas is Irving 93, stock chip, all that I got to was new plugs and wires, havent gotten to the ISC or TPS because I cant really check the adjustments without a Scanmaster. Thanks for the prompt reply

Zach

PS: I will be at NED wednesday with a teal 92 TSi with a huge front mount if anyone goes.

The hole in the passenger side header near the turbo is for the O2 sensor. Make sure to use a GM O2 sensor. Do a seach here for adjusting the TV cable. That might be why the shifting is funky. You want a D5 converter too. Don't know if anyone will be at NED wednesday but it is supposed to be real nice weather.

There are 2 holes in the PS header though, one for the stock O2 sensor and one that was drilled for an EGT probe. I have adjusted the cable many times and it seems like I have had it in every notch to try and get it right, I just cant seem to get it to shift right. Also whats the best way to get a good seal between the headers and the crossover pipe? Thanks,

Zach