Anyone good with GN's in Austin, TX?

Yep, 12's are easy and just a matter of preventative maintenance mods and easily reversible mods if you needed to go back to stock appearing. Then you are in pretty good shape for more involved mods down the road.

Those were some damn fine 'rita's BTW. :)

speaking of injectors...if you only want to run with modern sports sedans but dont plan on going wild...I would stick with the stock injectors and a good chip. Stock injectors will easily put you in the high-mid 12's if its tuned right. Spend the money instead on a good 3" mandrel bent downpipe, and upgrade the fuel pump (if its not already done) and adj fuel pressure regulator. There are a LOT of little tricks you can do to wake up that little V6 without spending a fortune.

But then again I've seen a few cars that cleaned up significantly with newer injectors. You don't need 60's at this level. But they trim down and drive so well you might as well jump straight to those if considering an injector swap, even if it's a stock car.

But then again I've seen a few cars that cleaned up significantly with newer injectors. You don't need 60's at this level. But they trim down and drive so well you might as well jump straight to those if considering an injector swap, even if it's a stock car.

i totally agree

Injectors

I also agree. I had stock injector and ran a 12.7 on a cold day. If you are going to want to go faster then upgrade. Just remember sometimes when you do a small upgrade you soon out grow it. It is a money pit no matter how you go. Sit down and figure out how fast you really want to go and start from there. Remember, sometime if you upgrade only part of what you need you will sometimes go slow. Copy someone's package and go from there. Your can always turn down something if it is too much, but not the other way if you want to be safe.

Something else, this car will never be raced... becuase I want it as stock looking as possible. In fact if I ever put it on the track, it will be just to see what it is capable of.

I'd be perfectly happy if it just ran a little bit better... and I'm confident a chip and some of the other tweaks disco_stu recomended will be good.
I just really want a stealth looking intake, is there a cold-air unit that LOOK like the factory one?

Chips

I will look at the chip that I have. I use to have some some stock chips all the way up to 84 lbs. Let me know what you need and I will see if I still have them and you can have them. One thing that you really have to get is get something to read your O2 and an adjustable fuel reg.

hello, I am in central Tx looking to see if anyone have project gn w/t-top for sale for reasonable price. thanks

David....

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a couple of GN's in san antonio's craigs list by the way.

I live in Gtown, we should all get together sometime. Be cool to meet some fellow GN owners up here

Hello Austinite, WOOOOOOOO! as of this week I am an owner of an 87 GN finally, But need a lot of helps someone jacked up with her and all the Vacuum routing is all messed up I am pretty mechanically incline but need some vacuum and electrical diagram does anyone in Austin have a Manual or know where to get one .. HELP ......... THANKS

There's a diagragm on the A/C box. I think I got my manuals direct from Helm publishing back in the day, but can't remember.

Disco Stu , thanks but I think I'm missing a few parts electronic boost controller where is it locate at and egr vacuum controller, can you take some pic of their locations take