Anyone got a 69 Camaro??

I've had my 69 camaro for about 11 years now. I bought it minus engine for $6000. Its no frame off, but it's a really nice, fun, reliable driver. I know if I sold it now I could never afford to buy another. There's not many in- between cars left. They're either totally restored and out of reach or basket cases. If you can get one I would.
I got my 68 rs in 92 for $2500,running perfect and clean inside and out,id never sell it...I had a 69 fake ss in 94 and sold it for 6k,wish i would have kept it...

I got my 68 rs in 92 for $2500,running perfect and clean inside and out,id never sell it...I had a 69 fake ss in 94 and sold it for 6k,wish i would have kept it...

My dad bought a real 1968 Camaro SS with the factory Muncie M22 and 12 bolt rear with 4.10's out back. It is an original 396 big block car. He only paid $1500 for it. :eek:

Of course this was back in 1983. :wink: And the car had suffered the harsh Indiana winters so that meant the body needed help. Plus the original 396 tossed a rod before my dad got it as it was someone's weekend bracket racer/drag racer so in it's place someone installed a 400 small block Chevy out of a truck.

When dad restored it, he took it completely off of the frame, and after the old rusty quarters were cut off he installed new ones from GM, in fact they were said to be the last ones off of the shelf. Yep that's right. No chineese/taiwan repopped sheet metal on this car.

The color is the factory Le Mans blue, but the interior was dyed black from it's original color of turquoise. Dad said it was cheaper to go black than turquoise.

Dad tried selling it after restoring it in 1985 for $11k, no biters. Then he tried again in 1994-1995 and even had the price lowered to $8500. Still no biters.

Of course dad still has it after all these years, now it's not for sale and it will remain in the family. Please pardon the dust...

68Camaro013.jpg

68Camaro011.jpg

68Camaro009.jpg

68Camaro010.jpg

68Camaro015.jpg

68Camaro014.jpg

84Regal3.8, nice car:cool: Is that a 69 Nova next to it?

Yes, that is my other toy.

69Novafront.jpg

69Novarear.jpg

Weddingroadtrip032007075.jpg

Dad also restored it, and passed it down to me as a graduation gift. It's nothing fancy, just a typical grandma car that came with an inline six/powerglide and no other options. Now it has a 350/TH350 and a 2.73 peg leg 10 bolt. I'm wanting to upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes and eventually install a 4 speed manual and a 12 bolt with steeper gears, then tie the sub frames together. I've got a 400 Chevy I want to one day build for it too.

I'm hoping to duplicate dad's car and how it performs. I get a smile on my face every time I drive it.

:cool: I need to swap an LC2 into one of those when I finish my 72 Skylark.

Attachments

• Skylark.jpg
    Skylark.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 99
Nice looking Skylark. I've always liked how those cars resemble a 70-72 Chevelle somewhat. In fact I think my next project will be a 70-72 Skylark or possibly a Cutlass. With no less than 455 cubes. :cool: They just don't look right with a V6 IMO.