Anyone got a 69 Camaro??

RUQWKNF27

I have a friend who has a nice one and now he finally wants to sell but not sure if its a deal or not!

depends

What is it (ss, rs, hardtop, convertable, engine, options, original, custom) and what is he asking. Right now the 69 camaros are the hot ticket (personally I like the 67 & 68 better). That is like saying " I have a friend with a nice GN for sale...." Need some information before we can know if it is a good deal or not...

Man I wished I had a 69 Camaro, and what I wouldn't give to own one. It's a shame those things are bringing in stupid dollars, even the plain jane models.

As mentioned need more info. And pics too!

69 SS Clone 350 4sp All new paint and interior . rust free. New wheels ,tires and 4WDB Baer Track Sytem brakes and new master cylinder.

Attachments

• 69 CAMARO 008.jpg
    69 CAMARO 008.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 227
Yes you are correct I am trying to just figure out if it would be a good investment. Something im not gonna take a bath over you know. I got more then 20G inmy T and right now if I were to sell it I do not think I would get that much. Who knows.

Yes you are correct I am trying to just figure out if it would be a good investment. Something im not gonna take a bath over you know. I got more then 20G inmy T and right now if I were to sell it I do not think I would get that much. Who knows.

Man, it's really hit or miss with cars, as the market future is unpredictable. The Camaros seem to be escalating in value but that doesn't mean next year they will still be worth as much as they are now.

With that said if you want it, get it. Enjoy it for what it is, and don't be so concerned with "will it be worth this amount in XXX years???"

Oh, and for what it's worth, the guy I bought my Turbo T off of has a restored 69 Z28, doesn't have the original engine anymore (has a 350) and he was talking of selling it for $25k. I almost **** myself.

I just sold two this summer, this one 69 SS clone 4 speed clone for $28,000 as a roller with the tranny. It was like a brand new car with a bolt in Moser 9",new interior and very nice paint and body.
2652326_1_full.jpg

And this one 69 RS/SS clone for $16,000. with no motor or tranny. It was basically a street legal race car that need paint.
2375329_7_full.jpg

The guy who bought the white put a 750hp BB and tranny in it and is now selling it for $39,900.:eek: I doubt he'll get it but you never know with the way our economy is up here.

If you decide to pass on the car, please shoot me his info. I am local and looking for one.

Thanks!!
Warren..

I would but looks like I am gonna go ahead and bite the bullet on this one!
You wont never loose money on the car,unless you ever have to unload it quick..Id say buy the car,if you want more info on those cars,visit my forum in my sig,we have a local guy that buys them and turns them into some neat custom camaros...He is on my forum and could answer any questions you have,I consider him one of the most smartest guys ive known when it comes to the 69 or any gen camaro..

69Camaro.jpg

69Camarorear.jpg

RayHardcastle69Camaro.jpg

This is a friend of mine's 69 Camaro. It's just the base model with the 4 wheel drums. It need an engine, a trans, an interior and rockers and a new header panel. It's been sitting the last 20 years. How much you think it's worth?

Also are 69 Camaros as prome to theft as our beloved GN's?

Chris, I'll take 2 of them like that for 20k. The internet and Barrett Jackson has run the market up on these cars. You're no longer limited to what a local guy will pay you for it. The only drawback is that everybody with a 3k pile of rusted junk thinks it's worth 10k.

I still have the 69 Camaro that was bought for my mom when she graduated. A local car dealer wants it bad, turned down 35k for it last summer.

Camaro

I am going to look at a 1968 RS/SS Convertible this week. 327 4 speed. Red w/ black interior. Supposedly restored 8 years ago and lots of trophys to boot.He's looking to get 17,000 or best offer. That would be a steal if it's the real deal.We'll see.

69Camaro.jpg

69Camarorear.jpg

RayHardcastle69Camaro.jpg

This is a friend of mine's 69 Camaro. It's just the base model with the 4 wheel drums. It need an engine, a trans, an interior and rockers and a new header panel. It's been sitting the last 20 years. How much you think it's worth?

Also are 69 Camaros as prome to theft as our beloved GN's?

Shells in decent shape tend to sell in the $5-7k range.

I've had my 69 camaro for about 11 years now. I bought it minus engine for $6000. Its no frame off, but it's a really nice, fun, reliable driver. I know if I sold it now I could never afford to buy another. There's not many in- between cars left. They're either totally restored and out of reach or basket cases. If you can get one I would.

My uncle has a white 69 SS pace car convertable with the orange stripes/orange interior. It's a 350 4spd factory pace car unlike many of the dealer made ones. Only problem is, it's been sitting in a stable in peices for the last 20 years. It was hit and totaled in the front when it was only two weeks old and they put a regular nose on it instead of the SS nose.
Didn't mean to jack the thread. Just thought I'd share. Everyone in my family is curious what he's gonna do with it but for now it just "rustng in peice".