Anyone in Georgia willing to help me out??

ROBCAR

I Bought a car that has no paperwork, If you are in Georgia and willing to help please message me. my car is an 85 ttype that is to nice to crush. I heard Georgia cars 85 and older only need a bill of sale to be registered. I would sell you my car you would register it then sell it back to me. For a fee of course. Let me know if you can help. Thanks,Rob

Here in NY you need a title. I bought the car with no title. Some states like Georgia you can register with a bill of sale only(85 and older). Here in NY you cannot.

Nope, Car has not been on the road in over 15 years. DMV does not have any record of the vehicle since its been out of the system for 10 or more years. Selling to someone in a non-titled state and then having them selling it back to me is my only hope. Tried all I could with DMV today. I am SOL

I'd find someone else to talk to at the DMV or sell it back to the person you bought it from.

If you don't have a title: In Ga, you will/can get it registered, on a bill of sale. But, U WILL NOT get a title. Only a tag receipt.
Went thru this w/ my 55 Chevy.
AIRC, I just saw a "for sale", [pic of the sticker was in the ad], with a NY state issued ID #. The NYDMV should be able to issue one upon inspection by the state police.
BTDT, and yes, I live in GA.

So what happens if a new yorker like me bought an 85 or older car in georgia that has a tag receipt? Can it be registered here in NY? Can you transfer to another person with that tag receipt? Is the tag receipt the registration? If so, that would be all I need.

So what happens if a new yorker like me bought an 85 or older car in georgia that has a tag receipt? Can it be registered here in NY? Can you transfer to another person with that tag receipt? Is the tag receipt the registration? If so, that would be all I need.

It's already been suggested you ask the right people.....

I would get a blank copy of that doc. (Tag receipt) then take it to NYDMV and ask a manager if that Doc. would be accepted to transfer ownership to you.

Well, It would be tough to get ahold of a blank one but I would much rather have it transferred to me. If Georgia does not issue titles to 85 and older cars I should be fine.

I am in Georgia, but to my knowledge, they still issue titles for cars of that vintage.
I have currently an TR 86, 87 models, a 65 AMC Marlin, and an orginal 82 GN which I have not yet transferred title.

But I suppose what you are asking is "will" Georgia issue a title on a bill of sale only, not if they issue or transfer titles for older vehicles.
I have heard Tennessee is a state where a lot of "title washing" occurs, as well as Mississippi.
But I have no direct knowledge of the hows and wheres of that sort of process.

But when I get a second, I can drop by my local County Tax office, which is who you go to process the paperwork, they then send off the title to the Ga State DMV.
I can ask that question of - if I only had a bill of sale.
I actually need to know as I have a 65 Marlin roller that has a bill of sale only.
It was going to be a parts car so I wasn't particularly worried about having a title.

Now, I know you can do more or less the same thing with a homemade trailer - you create a VIN, then apply for title.
Different, but similar to your situation

Thanks for the help boywonder but I think I have it taken care of. I was able to register my car in Vermont as a non-resident. They had no problem taking my money ($166) for tax a reggie fee. I recived a vermont registration and plates in the mail last week. Vermont does not issue titles for anything older than 15 years. They only issue registrations. I will find out this upcoming week if NY will accept my vermont registration and turn it into a NY title. I would think so since Vermont only issued me a registration. Either way, I now have paperwork for the car in my name. :)

get a copy of hemmings... there are services in there that can get you titles for cars........