Anyone interested in HA Performance headers?

Hot Air performance headers / System

• What the heck is a Hot Air?

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • I am interested in PS header only, SS

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I am interested in complete header set, SS

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Heck build me complete set-up! :D

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks

Just giving you a hard time. Boy do I miss my car. My wife just bought a new "SS". She think she is going to hand my a?? to me when I get my car back. It is a pity that she has no idea of the work that Jay is performing for me.:D:biggrin: Jay give me a call when you get a chance. I may be ready to do heads and cam also.

George

Just giving you a hard time. Boy do I miss my car. My wife just bought a new "SS". She think she is going to hand my a?? to me when I get my car back. It is a pity that she has no idea of the work that Jay is performing for me.:D:biggrin: Jay give me a call when you get a chance. I may be ready to do heads and cam also.

George

Unless her SS is powered by a jet engine, she is going to be sorely disappointed.

The headers we're doing for George are a one off set. Same with the downpipe, etc. We didnt really go into this project intending to make headers for the hot air cars. We could probably do downpipes but they wouldnt be any cheaper than our 87 downpipes and might even be a tad more depending on what is needed for bends.

I'll post up some pictures of your intake next week along with some header photos. The headers have been slow going because its TIGHT in there. I had to find some super tight radius tubing for the primaries to make room.

We're milling out your intake also.. removing all the dividers, twisty turns, etc thats in there and after we're got it all cleaned up, we're going to change the roof around as well to aid with airflow. The intake turned out to not be terrible once we got into it but there is a lot of work that needed to be done by mill before we could get in there and finish it up by hand.

jay, if you can, please send me all the info on the intake stuff. Boost231@hotmail.com

i once had an intake that was highly modded and i dont think it did so well. now i have another intake that i just picked up that mease started working on. i would really like to get with someone who knows what there doing as far as intakes.

if you could please email me so we can talk. o also please take lots of pictures of it please.

brent

If you would I'd appreciate it if you'd send me some pics to my email Jay. I'd like a little technical help on my headers.

Mease Pipe

John there is no way Mease sold that pipe for that amount unless he had your $ for 6 months & you were threatening him.:eek:

We sold his pipe back then for him & they were $600!

Sorry Bweavy but if my memeory serves me right and I assure it is very good. When Mease started selling his Hot Air down pipes they were in the 425.00-475.00 range. 425.00 plain 475.00 with the dump. Maybe he could cut the cost because he made them himself. As far as what you sold them for him that's another story. Every buisness has a right to make a profit it's up to the customer to deside what he or she will pay for a product. I think if someone could build an affordable down pipe in the 400-450.00 range or a set of headers in the 500-550.00 dollar range they would sell. Just my honest opinion. At any rate I'm looking forward to see what Jay and BWR is coming up with.

ready

Thanks alot for the up-date. ready to see some progress, and another quick hot air running the roads. I'm always amazed when I talk to you you about these turbo cars. I look forward to seeing you do a write up on this hot air project to go along with the twinzzzzzz. It really shows how far outside the box BWR is by developing multiple completely different cars.

MY HATS OFF TO BWR.

George

Yes I would be interesred in hot air headers how much Mike

A lot.. with external gate and downpipe, you're probably looking at $3000ish.

I can tell you this, tho.. George's headers will be the nicest HA headers ever made. They're more in the vein of the 87 TA headers. The passenger side is kicking our butt but I should be able to post a photo or two this afternoon. Jeff has had to remake the passenger side header a couple of times but I think he's finally got a handle on it.

A lot.. with external gate and downpipe, you're probably looking at $3000ish.

I can tell you this, tho.. George's headers will be the nicest HA headers ever made. They're more in the vein of the 87 TA headers. The passenger side is kicking our butt but I should be able to post a photo or two this afternoon. Jeff has had to remake the passenger side header a couple of times but I think he's finally got a handle on it.

300ish is alot?! haha I ain't rich by far but after paying a little over $600 for some used headers for my 96 Caprice (Which where some nice headers by the way from FocuzTech)I think I could swing that without even batting an eyelash!

oops...nevermind..didn't see that extra "0" in there till after I re-read this! :eek:

300ish is alot?! haha I ain't rich by far but after paying a little over $600 for some used headers for my 96 Caprice (Which where some nice headers by the way from FocuzTech)I think I could swing that without even batting an eyelash!:eek:

Call me at the shop then and we'll built you a set right along with George's. I dont know when/if we'll ever get another hotair car in here for mock up so this may be the only opportunity to get a set of HA headers from us.

Call me at the shop then and we'll built you a set right along with George's. I dont know when/if we'll ever get another hotair car in here for mock up so this may be the only opportunity to get a set of HA headers from us.

Man I'd love to for real!! but I mis-read your amount by a "0".
I may dress like a rapper...but I ain't getting like one!:p
Im a keep tabs on your guys project though..im learning more and more by the post.

SDC12951.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC12950.jpg

im in a need of headers for my buick i will buy it if they come out with them

We're not going to produce these. If someone wants a set, we'd build them alongside these but these headers are not a production mockup.

Basically this is a one shot deal. I dont expect to have a 5000 mile hotair GN in my car again anytime in the future.

Drivers side header. These are turning out to be REALLY nice.

SDC12990.jpg

SDC12991.jpg

Yeah, there are quite a few threads on this subject in this section.
Not too many have materialized, so here's the deal and your options.

First off, the PS headers on the HA cars are some of the most restrictive things known to mankind. (To "Semi-quote" Dwayne ;) )
Secondly, Poston Headers are "No more" at $500 (??)

I just got off the phone with BWR and they can/are willing to make headers for the HA cars.
But we need someone with a real HA car to drop their car off for the set-up/build. (ESinger, you reading this? :D LOL!!)

Use the voting buttons if you are interested.
Not sure there will be "mass production", since there is no such thing at BWR.
But they will be done right, and work very well!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if you have a performance goal faster than low 13's, you will need a header replacement on a HA car.
You can find a turbo, fairly easy, but not a header(s).

Thanks BWR for your willingness to support the HA's!! :cool:

I think us b4 guys will be able to use these succesfully.:)

That's turning out very similar to the Lee Thompson style headers.

I'd say that the only way to make reasonably priced hotair headers is to use 87 drivers side header and crossover. Then build a new PS side header/up-pipe.

As far as the DP goes,I think everyone is figuring out why Lee made them in 3 pieces:biggrin:. It's SUPER tight in there. You can install Lee's with the motor in the car, but it sucks:mad:. A 3", 3 piece pipe with V bands instead of flanges like Lee used would allow more wiggle room and the ability to swivel the pipes for clearance if need be.

An internal wastegate like the RJC flange would be nice too. Lee's use an external gate on the crossover. I've got a deltagate on mine.