Anyone know of a fine tuner around Houston or?

GBGN1

stroked
My build is done and it runs ok slight blm problem that has had me scratching my head. So once thats figured out I need someone to fine tune it and get it on a dyno. Hope I dont need to ship out of state.

Just a word for all those that are looking to "fine tune".... many of those that have contacted me are truly not ready for that. A lot of guys are still having issues outside of tuning that need to be addressed before wasting dyno time and money. Likewise, many of those same folks are either DIYers or have bought a car they thought was "done" and aren't planning to pay to finish the car before tuning can begin. In my 25 years of building and tuning, can't really think of another car that is as particular in terms of combination and having all the planets align to make power as a turbo Buick. Many a proud owner will sell a car that has thousands and thousands worth of upgrades but can't get out of the 12's at the track....due to frustration. Even more common is spending a ton on turbo, DP, injectors, head work, etc. and the car has no brakes....or the tranny is smoked...or it has electrical issues. Get the car sorted before worrying about power, I understand its not as cool and you have no bragging rights with a properly functioning brake system...but you do have a car you can drive safely and enjoy as you build power.

Patience is a virtue...especially in TB world. Also understand that if you and the internet pit crew can't figure it out....sometimes you gotta pay the man.

Just a word for all those that are looking to "fine tune".... many of those that have contacted me are truly not ready for that. . . . . . . In my 25 years of building and tuning, can't really think of another car that is as particular in terms of combination and having all the planets align to make power as a turbo Buick. Many a proud owner will sell a car that has thousands and thousands worth of upgrades but can't get out of the 12's at the track....due to frustration. . . . . . . Patience is a virtue...especially in TB world. Also understand that if you and the internet pit crew can't figure it out....sometimes you gotta pay the man.

Very well said.

Hey I'm in the Baton Rouge area as well; you found any GN wizards close yet. Alexanders Automotives in MS but he is booked solid right now.

Not yet. I did talk to bumberas in Houston. He said he has owned 50+ And had and 8 sec car but has not dealt with them in a while, he is willing to take it in and see what it would take.

Also talked to mike at century transmission. He said they could also.

Any other suggestions anyone. Or any reviews on the two mentioned above?

Just a word for all those that are looking to "fine tune".... many of those that have contacted me are truly not ready for that. A lot of guys are still having issues outside of tuning that need to be addressed before wasting dyno time and money. Likewise, many of those same folks are either DIYers or have bought a car they thought was "done" and aren't planning to pay to finish the car before tuning can begin. In my 25 years of building and tuning, can't really think of another car that is as particular in terms of combination and having all the planets align to make power as a turbo Buick. Many a proud owner will sell a car that has thousands and thousands worth of upgrades but can't get out of the 12's at the track....due to frustration. Even more common is spending a ton on turbo, DP, injectors, head work, etc. and the car has no brakes....or the tranny is smoked...or it has electrical issues. Get the car sorted before worrying about power, I understand its not as cool and you have no bragging rights with a properly functioning brake system...but you do have a car you can drive safely and enjoy as you build power.

Patience is a virtue...especially in TB world. Also understand that if you and the internet pit crew can't figure it out....sometimes you gotta pay the man.

That's why I'm here, I may not know that my car is not ready. I'm a DIY because I can't find a GN mechanic close. I actually had to read and help the mechanic that rebuild and reinstalled my motor. Otherwise it would still be there in his shop.

Can you assist?