Anyone replace their T-top weatherstrip?

Thomas Gentilin

Speedy1320
The kits ALL recommend that a "professional shop" replace these seals, but is it really that difficult? Anyone do it themselves with good or bad results?

Thanx
Tom

You guys wanna "share" some thoughts on how you did it? :confused: Are they glued in position? clipped? or do they have small "tits" that push through the sheet metal? I'd like to know what I'm facing before I dig into it! :rolleyes:

Thanks!
Tom

Its Not That Bad Of A Job,first Of All If Your Interior Is Still In The Car Cover It With A Sheet ,pull As Much Of The Old Strip Out That You Can I Used A Wire Wheel On A Drill To Get It Real Clean.but I Was In Process Of Painting Whole Car ,get All The Old Adhesive Out For Best Fitment ,i Got My Seals From Metro Moulded Parts (they Are A Little Fatter And Seal Real Nice ,but The T Top Glass Is Tough To Get Back In At First, But They Do Fit Nice , Also Comes With A 15 Year Warranty.)i Also Chromed My L Shaped Brackets And The Center Bow (i Tried Powdercoating But It Destroyed The Center Bow ,so Chroming It Was The Best Protection From Rust And They Also Look Awesome With The Tops Off)i Then Covered The Center Part That Sticks Out With The Glass In With A Piece Of Black Vinyl Pinstripe.changing The Seals Is Time Consuming But Its Not That Bad At All Good Luck

whos got a part #(s) for the weatherstrips i need to replace mine.
i tried kirban but the kit they sell are not the ones on my car.

When Removing the seal use a heat gun and pull very slow
most of it will come out of the channel.
A hot day is a plus for removal but tough on you
I got my GM seals from Poston's but it was 3 years ago

Which weatherstripping should I replace first?

Mine leaks in the same place everyone else's does- at the driver's and passenger's edge of the windshield header- right at the corners at the doors-

And it makes a horrible racket above 60 miles an hour- which weatherstripping should I replace first? Should I start with the weatherstripping that's on the t-tops themselves, or the stripping at the header? What about the stripping along the t-bar?

Rather then start a new one, I'll unearth this old one. I am replacing my T-Top weatherstripping with GM original. Did anyone find it necessary to use a non-hardening putty like black substance when replacing your weather stripping? My originals seemed to include this goo at some of the corners. Also did anyone remove and replace the inner front weatherstripp "retainers" that are welded to the roof?

Take your time removing the old ones, use a heat gun and pull slowly and most of it will come off/out of the groove.
Getting all the old one out is the PITA part.
I used the black weatherseal adhesive on the new seal.
looked like the old one had the same stuff on it.