Anyone sell Spray can with flex additive

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
I have some front fillers that i want to paint,I had a set done before by a so called pro,,fillers paint cracked....bought a set that were painted and have cracks in paint,,so i want to sand and paint them myself,,anyone produce custom colors with flex additive...my car is light blue metalic 1986,i just dont trust anyone to do it right.

OK duplicolor doesnt have lite blue metalic .....and who carries flexible clear coat ina can

I have a local Autobody supply store that can match paint through the paint code and put it in a spray can they charge $20.
Flex agent is in most name brand auto paints that shops use. It really comes down to prep and not mix matching products.

Do you have the name of the supply store,i tried a few local and they are just dumb..:LOL:

I have had great luck with APS Tower Paint. They used to be in Oshkosh WI and have relocated to Appleton WI ... same dedication to customer service.

Over the years, I have used them for mostly interior paint & had great matches. Customer service answered my call (Kris?) looked up colour chips and formulations. They mixed up one can for me to pick up on my way North for vacation. I stopped in 100+ miles & 2 hours later. The will UPS ground. Tell them about your application. No oversell just good answers.
Bob

O Yea - $21 (or 22) plus shipping this last Sept. for interior blue.

http://www.apstowerpaint.com/

Last edited:
Awesome..thanks..sis you order dark blue for a Buick..I have dark blue interior..any code on can...figure get that can also

I'll get the interior numbers but its good to talk with them - year, make, color, gloss etc. Pictures of your color possibly could help them too - read thru the website, I guess. Get back to you in an hour or so.
Bob

Here's the invoice (& can)for the last interior - DK.Blue - Must have been late Oct.
I believe they can adjust gloss etc but I am OK with what I got.

DSCN3461s.jpg TowerPaint0914.gif

I've been wondering if they could match my projects exterior too as we have some nicks to touch up. LMK if you do exterior how it goes.
Hope that helps.
Bob

Last edited:
COLOR BOND BRAND LEATHER, VINYL & HARD PLASTIC REFINISHER
#1599 G BODY
SC15886 - DK BLUE

Its a Sherman Williams Automotive Finishes store. That sells the paint in a can. Jut give them te paint code and they can mix up the spray can for you.
I did a fender on a old pickup i had. It came out half way decent and color match was very good.

ok. Let me explain what flex additive is. All it is used for is the installation on items that need to flex. So if you have your bumper off....which you do during install you will not need the flex additive. Flex additive evaporates out of the part after installation...yes...it evaporates. Does this mean that if it gets hit with a hammer after the piece has hung on the car after 6 months it will not spider crack???no! It doesnt matter it will still crack. I use flex additive because on all the test panels I test I may not install them for a few weeks. SO if you are installing in a few days, do not sweat it. If you use cheap clear coats with less than 38% solids (resin) your mils thickness will be thin resulting in the elements making the final finish brittle.

I use at minimum a 40% solids 4:1 or 45% 2:1 clear.

again...flex additive has nothing to do with longevity in cracking the clear

Last edited: