Are there any boat mechanics on here?

wb_7354

I was just going to start my boat up for the first time this year. I removed the spark arrestor and it touched against the wires on the part pictured. Now the boat is completely dead. The battery is still fully charged but when I turn the key nada. Could this part be shorted or should I look elsewhere. I did check all the fuses under the cockpit. They're all good. 5.0 litre Mercruiser. TIA
a0f81282fe952fc78e90a791619a75a2.jpg
96f68298a95f05bf5147c4419b2266d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When this happened did you hear or see sparking? If so a fuse or breaker must have tripped
I think boats tend to use breakers more than fuses so you can make it home. Lol. Check if power is going in and out of that breaker. Have A test light handy?

Yes. It was sparking a lot. Ok. Good idea. I will test the breaker.

Looks like a relay jump the two wires in the top and it should crank over if not your battery could be dead or you have bad connections. But first I would check and see you have voltage on the yellow with red wire on the side. Have someone turn the key switch and check for voltage in that wire the other one next to it is ground for the relay.

Boats, Bust Out Another Thousand. You popped the relay somewhere,that red button should push in and out. I have a 33 foot silverton exspress cruiser on the hudson. Your lucky you only have one engine. Keep monkeying with it,it will go. Mine is for sale if you want to scrap it.

Thanks everyone who helped. After messing around for quite some time it turned out that it was the circuit breaker. I took a screwdriver handle and pushed very hard. It didn't seem like it moved at all but I thought I felt/heard a small click. Prior to that there was no voltage across the resistor. After I got 13v. Thanks again my TR brothers!