Austin Buicks

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
I saw a Black T going north on MOPAC near 183 this morning. Anyone know whis car this is??:D

Todd you got that damn Silver T fixed yet??:cool:

It was not me, but I just bought an 87 GN last week. Completely stock for now. 41k miles. I have wanted one since 87 and finally got it. I am down south. I ocassionally see a GN on Slaughter and thats about it.

Welcome to the TR family. I have two Gns. I used to own a TTA.
Need help with tuning, let me know. Of course you can always go to the guru Todd King aka ( TurboTR ). Lot of Buick guys around here.

The GN on slaughter could have been mine or BuickTr's. Let's hook up sometime. Geting ready for the track :D

Thanks. I am sure I will need help. I have been lurking on this board for a long time and have learned quite a bit. My daily driver is a 2000 Camaro SS with all the bolt-ons and N20. This weekend I am doing the "spring cleaning" and I am going to order the racetronix plug and play fuel pump/hot wire kit. I plan to get the MSD 50's as well.
Do you Austin guys ever have get togethers? I am familiar with some of the local car shows, but have not seen any TR's at them.

hey, im in leander. i am interested in building up a gn. do ya'll know of any in the area with blown motors, but pretty nice everything else? and what local shows have ya'll been going to?i hope to foin you soon.

-jeff

How much are you willing to spend??
Don't know of any with blown motors. Most people kepp them on the road, however there is a guy in Georgetown that is selling a GN with factory moonroof, level 10 tranny etc..

First thing is this guy is very meticulous. The car has 120K on it but don't let that fool you. Garage kept care. mint as your going to get for the price. Saw it on Ebay at about 8K. It would be a steal at 10k. The auction has ended but I am not sure if anyone has bought it. I figure he is not more than 10 miles or so from you depending on where you live in Leander. So you might want to go look at it yourself.

I have seen all three of his cars and He does everything himself, programming, tuning, engine work,etc. Bottom line here is that you will bet getting a car you drive and not have to drop a lot of money into. He is so careful about His cars, is that when he drives them back home He will open the hood to let everything cool off.

I have no idea what your budget is. I good mint car without a motor will still run you 5-6k. A good engine job will cost your around 4K, if it is done right.

Really good cars are hard to come by . You will not disappointed.

His name is Brad. I can dig up His e-mail if you are interested.

Later

georgetown is about a 10 minute trip down hwy29 from me. it looks like a nice car, but what doues this mean in his add on ebay?"The buyer of this car will be purchasing to restore
The interior and exterior will reflect this need ". i thought you said it was in good shape. to me that means that it needs to be restored. but i could just be reading that incorectly.

-jeff

Originally posted by iamjeff
"The buyer of this car will be purchasing to restore
The interior and exterior will reflect this need ". i thought you said it was in good shape. to me that means that it needs to be restored. but i could just be reading that incorectly.
-jeff

Actually that is not Brad's car. I was talking to Brad a while ago and he said that He was going to sell His GN. Apparently when I orignally looked at the Ebay ad I assumed this was His car. ( Not too many around Gerogetown )However after looking at the pics, it is not His car. I didn't intend to confuse anyone here .:rolleyes:

This car has not been mitculously taking care of, it is obviouis by the pictures. Still might be a good car to look at though.

The bidding stopped at 8,000 last time. I think the seller is trying to get more because it is a one owner car. Personally I don't think it is worth that much. :eek:

If you do go and see it and decide maybe you want it, try to get the owner to take it to regal Performance in Cedar Park. These guys are extremely knowledgeable and can tell you straight up what is wrong with the car.

actually, i dont think anyone bid on it last time. that is what he started the auction at, at least i think that is what the deal was. where are these ppl in cedar park?

-jeff

Does anyone have the phone number to Regal Performance? I need my rear main seal replaced.

bsdlinux I tried to e-mail you. Don't know if you got it or not?

Anyone recomend a shop to replace the rear main seal in Austin?

Originally posted by Tin Man
Does anyone have the phone number to Regal Performance? I need my rear main seal replaced.

bsdlinux I tried to e-mail you. Don't know if you got it or not?

Anyone recomend a shop to replace the rear main seal in Austin?

TXGS - Thanks for giving out the number, i was looking for that myself. If I can get my car lined out I would love to be at Seguin with you guys.

Tin Man - I haven't recieved any e-mails. I tried e-mailing you but you are not listing your e-mail address. You can try again or PM me.
You should have good luck with Regal Performance. Just remember these guys have regular jobs and do the Buick stuff on the side. Haven't heard anything negative about these guiys, ever.:D

No problem I was out there Saturday to visit with the guys at regal performance.

TXGS thanks for the number. I called and spoke to Tim and he is going to fix my rear main seal. He seems like a good guy. I would be interested in the Buick get together.

It turns out that Tim has worked on this car with the previous owner. The previous owner bought two brand new.

bsdlinux I e-mailed to ask you for the number to Regal Performance. I fixed my email in my profile.

Tin Man,

That does not suprise me that tim has worked on it before. I noticed you have a camaro. Ask tim about his late model Camaro (it's pretty nice for a chevy)

austin (leander) just got another 87gn. not running yet, but i am very happy with the car... cant wait to get it running!

-jeff

hello

hey guys, i just wanted to say hello. my name is eric and i am new to your club. i am in killeen and i just traded my 86 bronco II. thats sitting on 7in of lift and 35's for a 84 gn. i have wanted one for a long time and made the trade with a friend. anyways i just wanted to say hello and hope mayeb to meet some of you oneday at a car show or something.