Before Black BS'ing thread.

Just wanted to vent a bit and not start a new thread so pardon me while I interupt.
I really f'ing hate taking apart turbos that have been neglected!!!! There are always 3-4 bolts on the exhaust housing that will practically be welded on. Of course due to their placement, the only thing you can get over the head is that infamous bolt rounding wonder, the open ended wrench! Don't those bolts understand I have power tools and that I'm dumb enough to use them?! ARRRRRG! (Thanks. I feel better now)

Just wanted to vent a bit and not start a new thread so pardon me while I interupt.
I really f'ing hate taking apart turbos that have been neglected!!!! There are always 3-4 bolts on the exhaust housing that will practically be welded on. Of course due to their placement, the only thing you can get over the head is that infamous bolt rounding wonder, the open ended wrench! Don't those bolts understand I have power tools and that I'm dumb enough to use them?! ARRRRRG! (Thanks. I feel better now)

LMAO That's what this thread is for.:D You have to understand a little about Aj, Adam, Jesse, and myself. For some strange reason we seem to have simular personalities and click well together.:biggrin: You're more than welcome to join in on theory and BS as the thread progresses.:eek::cool:

Aww yes.... I knew somebody would finally see how well the BS thread works.

Sometimes there is just little spurts of data you want to say but dont really feel like wasting a thread over it.

this is the perfect place.

kinda like the counter at your local bar, some of us are damn near living here, and others come and go as the clock passes.

ANYWAYS!!!!

Happy Veterans day!

A.j.

Nice talking to you for a change Aj. I'll see if some one here can use the parts. I've got several Chevy nuts around here so maybe one of them may want the parts.

well if I can help somebody out in your area just let me know.

So I am thinking real hard on the 301 deal.....

It would be nice to see the potental that the 301 compressor housing has with the adapter, on the weiand. Just as a fair comparison to the HA turbine, and carb comp housing.

Should easily push me into the 11s, and could be that 10 sec breaker. even with the 90* foot. the flow potental poring directly into that single plane should be the ticket.

so whatcha want for the 301 unit.... i reckon I still owe ya on the rims.... but hopefully these elky parts go away!

A.j.

Right Happy Veterans day for sure!!
I can't get this machine to realize that it has 8 USB ports, two of them highspeed. This is the only way I can get pictures and video to the computer. I'd love to post up my short video's.

well if I can help somebody out in your area just let me know.

So I am thinking real hard on the 301 deal.....

It would be nice to see the potental that the 301 compressor housing has with the adapter, on the weiand. Just as a fair comparison to the HA turbine, and carb comp housing.

Should easily push me into the 11s, and could be that 10 sec breaker. even with the 90* foot. the flow potental poring directly into that single plane should be the ticket.

so whatcha want for the 301 unit.... i reckon I still owe ya on the rims.... but hopefully these elky parts go away!

A.j.

For what you've paid me on the wheels I'll ship the inducer housing, wheel, CHRA, and the exducer side of the 86-87 turbo Jesse sent me Aj. Just pay the shipping when I get them torn down. How's that sound Aj? You'll need to do the machining but since you've got the shop there you shouldn't have any problems with that. If you want the 301 plenum I'll throw it in as well. I have something I want to send you anyway so I'll include it at no charge, but this time I want a pic of you when you open the package. You never did get me one for the book I sent you. LOL

BTW, Happy VD Aj. Hope it don't itch to bad.:biggrin: LOL HOWAH!!!

For what you've paid me on the wheels I'll ship the inducer housing, wheel, CHRA, and the exducer side of the 86-87 turbo Jesse sent me Aj. Just pay the shipping when I get them torn down. How's that sound Aj? You'll need to do the machining but since you've got the shop there you shouldn't have any problems with that. If you want the 301 plenum I'll throw it in as well. I have something I want to send you anyway so I'll include it at no charge, but this time I want a pic of you when you open the package. You never did get me one for the book I sent you. LOL

BTW, Happy VD Aj. Hope it don't itch to bad.:biggrin: LOL HOWAH!!!

well all I need is the compressor half, I got 86/87 units falling out of my ass practically so I dont need any more of the CHRAs or turbines! LOL

have you compared the 301 plenum to the V6 one? is there any size difference between the 2? if there isnt its another part you can hold onto and save us both some shipping.

OK OK OK I will get you a pic,....... i hate pics of myself..... feel soooo yucky!

Happy slightly late VD to you too charlie! I was gonna call ya last night but I was ****face drunk by like 3 pm yesterday.... i needed a day to myself!

A.j.

well all I need is the compressor half, I got 86/87 units falling out of my ass practically so I dont need any more of the CHRAs or turbines! LOL

have you compared the 301 plenum to the V6 one? is there any size difference between the 2? if there isnt its another part you can hold onto and save us both some shipping.

OK OK OK I will get you a pic,....... i hate pics of myself..... feel soooo yucky!

Happy slightly late VD to you too charlie! I was gonna call ya last night but I was ****face drunk by like 3 pm yesterday.... i needed a day to myself!

A.j.

Glad you didn't call last night. I'm fighting a sinus infection and if I didn't have to go to work I'd crawl back into bed for the day. I get to close again and then open tomorow so I'll probibly go straight to bed when I get through tonight. I may get on the puter long enough to check email but after that I'll be done.

The 301 plenum has a much bigger inlet to the turbo, but the overall size is roughly the same. Looks like it will flow more to the turbo. If you go back and look at the turbo thread you can see how much biger it is. The throat is about 1/2 again the size of the V6 one.

Glad you didn't call last night. I'm fighting a sinus infection and if I didn't have to go to work I'd crawl back into bed for the day. I get to close again and then open tomorow so I'll probibly go straight to bed when I get through tonight. I may get on the puter long enough to check email but after that I'll be done.

The 301 plenum has a much bigger inlet to the turbo, but the overall size is roughly the same. Looks like it will flow more to the turbo. If you go back and look at the turbo thread you can see how much biger it is. The throat is about 1/2 again the size of the V6 one.

sheesh Charlie, they got you running ragged! I hope ya feel better soon! being sick is no fun.

Hmm....... well if the plenum is that much bigger it might be nessacary to use one. I dont think I will do all of the mods you did though, as Im not concerned with the height or the width of the turbo as much.

A.j.

Don't worry about gettin the stuff charles, I can get it from keith if need be. I just got done with some nasty stuff, I know what its like. Kick back on some nyquil and a good movie with hot chicks and fast cars!

bronchitis is going around like a mofo up here and that stuff goes around a couple times before it quits

i always try to eat the hottest chile i can find when im that sick....... good natural way to clean the sinus's!

A.j.

lol Oh yeah. I have cayenne pepper capsules. or I'll eat some BW3's wings at the first hint of sickness.

What helped me the most last night is clove tea mixed with whiskey. The cloves are a natural anaseptic and anastesic. The whiskey relaxed me enough to put me down for a while. Not a lot of whiskey but just enough to make me drowsy. I feel much better today and am still drinking the tea which will make your throat numb after 3 cups.