circa 1990
1- 3" down pipe no cat
2- atr fuel pump
3- k&n filter
4- cam 2
cars friggin flew with those mods back in '90

LOL

182102013.jpg

Nice!! I pulled one of those off my buick I bought a couple years ago along w some really cool 80's splash guards.

Parts list,alky,drag radials,built trans and converter,in tank pump and wiring,dump tube or gutted cat,scan master/wide band,and proper gauges.skill parts,raising boost adjusting afr and timing,driving a turbo car,see how there is not just one;)

Bone stock ditching the cat for a test pipe was the most noticeable improvement I saw. Upgrade your fuel system first, pump, hotwire, adjustable regulator, injectors, chip. Then an adjustable wastegate actuator and some alky.

Most noticeable add on for me was 3" downpipe and disconnecting stock boost controller and adding the rjc version. It stops the progressive opening of the stock controller and only opens when your preset boost is met. Better management of boost.

If you have a stock Turbo Buick what is 1st bolt on part that you though helped you the most when you did it .
A Torque Convertor that matched the new turbo. I went to a TE44 with the stock converter. And it was slow to spool on the line. Changed the converter & couldn't hold the car back(10+psi) before the tree got down to the green.:D

After updating the fuel system and removing the catalytic converter it would definitely be the 110 octane gas and KB high/low chip. The two of them were worth quite a bit. If I had to pick one it's the 110 octane. Although they aren't really bolt ons they are worth more than "bolt ons" that cost a lot more

Last edited:
Lots of cheap/free things to do to these cars to make them run better than the average stocker without cutting it up. Basic modding for any gm efi car. A fuel pump, 237 and hotwire never hurts though. Better to be a little on the heavy side that too skinny.

Wish I still had a stock car to play with.

I'm with ya! Someday. I was looking at that 3k mile 87 that just sold and was lamenting how cool it'd be to race that bad boy! In a tasteful, stockish way of course. TSA style. :phantom: