Best budget shock for street car?

Maverick87

Goal is a low 11 sec car mostly street oriented what is the best bang for the $?
Was looking at summit's adjustable rears, opinions?
Thanks

Varishock SS shocks. They're $259/pair and were literally designed to be as close to a BMW M3's shock performance as possible.

Mark Savitske of SC&C worked with Varishock to design these. They rented a BMW M3 and removed the M3's shocks and put them on their shock dyno. Based on what the shock dyno said, they took the Varishock QS2 double adjustable shocks and made adjustments to the shocks until the performance was right in-line with what the BMW's shocks were. They would then install the QS2's and the BMW M3's shocks on their own test car (Typically Mark's own Monte Carlo) and the BMW and kept refining the shock settings until it performed as close to the M3's shocks did, as possible. Once they had the shock settings that they used to mimick the M3's shocks, they gave that info to Varishock and they made the SS shocks with the same valving and Compression/Rebound performance that they arrived at on the QS2's. Here is a link to the shocks: http://scandc.com/new/node/960

Varishock SS shocks. They're $259/pair and were literally designed to be as close to a BMW M3's shock performance as possible.

Mark Savitske of SC&C worked with Varishock to design these. They rented a BMW M3 and removed the M3's shocks and put them on their shock dyno. Based on what the shock dyno said, they took the Varishock QS2 double adjustable shocks and made adjustments to the shocks until the performance was right in-line with what the BMW's shocks were. They would then install the QS2's and the BMW M3's shocks on their own test car (Typically Mark's own Monte Carlo) and the BMW and kept refining the shock settings until it performed as close to the M3's shocks did, as possible. Once they had the shock settings that they used to mimick the M3's shocks, they gave that info to Varishock and they made the SS shocks with the same valving and Compression/Rebound performance that they arrived at on the QS2's. Here is a link to the shocks: http://scandc.com/new/node/960
That is very interesting to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Goal is a low 11 sec car mostly street oriented what is the best bang for the $?
Was looking at summit's adjustable rears, opinions?
Thanks
kyb,in the past i have used them to go 1.4 60fts and 10 sec and pull 1g on the lateral,they also ride really nice.best low cost shock that i have seen

I think I have some KYB gas-a-shocks that are lying around the shop somewhere.

If I can find them, you can have them for free OP. Just pay shipping.

Worst case is you get some free shocks, try them out, and get to feel what difference they offer.

KYB if your on a tight butget, about $110 for a set on Rock Auto. Recently installed Bilsteins which were $250 and very impressed with the ride and handling and I know they will last a long time. Neither of these are adjustable however.

Good thread. I need some new shocks. I looking to run 10s, but I will be doing a lot of street driving. Good to know what the options are.

I have used KYB's on both cars and I'm very happy with them.

The original question was budget shock for a street car? Did I miss something?

Think picking the right strut/shock for the application is most important even over "budget".

Safe to say adjustable is more for track while a non adjustable strut like Bilsteins are more for the street.