Best chip for a stock 87 GN?

dssking

What's the best chip for a stock 87 GN? I don't yet have the car...... hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

What's the best chip for a stock 87 GN? I don't yet have the car...... hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!
contact Eric at turbotweak.com. My GN is bone stock also. I Put his "stock " chip in and it runs noticeably better.
Johnnie

Appreciate it! What other "typical" mods would you do, or have you done?
Of that list of chips, which one is recommended?

Thank you! Currently, my other cars are a 57 Bel Air and a 98 Corvette. Looking forward to a new project!!

I always wanted a Tri 5, maybe one day. If you enjoy working on cars you will love your Grand National lol

The 57 was my first project.. restored it from start to finish. After that was the Vette but it really didnt' require much..... this will definately be a fun project.

What radio, if any, did you change it to? I'd like to put in a double din but know it won't fit easily.........

Double din will fit with a little trimming of the faceplate, its a tight fit but will work ive done it twice. Track down a spare radio trim plate dont hack up your factory one

A TurboTweak chip is a good start but there are a lot of maintenance items on these cars that you need to make sure are ok before you start with the mods.

IMG_1227.PNG IMG_1228.PNG Not the best pictures but all I could find of mines in my old car

I'm glad the heat controls don't have to be removed. Suggestions of double din radios? Or are they all the same size and will fit into the opening?
I know in the Vette, there isn't enough room in the dash..... things have to be relocated........

Perfect. Know of a place on the net (other than the scrap yard) to obtain a stock radio bezzle?

The 57 was my first project.. restored it from start to finish. After that was the Vette but it really didnt' require much..... this will definately be a fun project.

What radio, if any, did you change it to? I'd like to put in a double din but know it won't fit easily.........

Double dins drop right in.

Grumpy,

Unclip the bezel with the 5 clips, remove the stock radio, and drop in the double din? No trimming?
Much appreciated