Best Converter

The Neal Chance is the only big name T/C I've had in the car. I just don't have the budget to try out different T/Cs like some of you. As Scott pointed out to me lately, the way this car chirps the slicks on the 1-2 and 2-3, I don't think I want anything tighter anyway.

Yes I know...I saw your Videos..Very Impressive Don...:eek:

Joe

Crossing the finish line at around 7,500 @ just over 145 mph.
The thing is the more you rev the better it looks on the efficency .I ran the ptc on Roys car at 157 mile per hour with 6700 rpm shift points and crossed at about 6700 it averaged out 6 percent slip at that power level it dropped 1300 rpm at that low an rpm if it reved higher the numbers only look better take that into account .

The thing is the more you rev the better it looks on the efficency .I ran the ptc on Roys car at 157 mile per hour with 6700 rpm shift points and crossed at about 6700 it averaged out 6 percent slip at that power level it dropped 1300 rpm at that low an rpm if it reved higher the numbers only look better take that into account .

Exactly. This makes a higher 1st gear set work even better because you can add rear gear and pick up on both ends. Its all up to the converter though.

I hope I didn't provoke a p*ssing contest. I posted the slip number because someone asked about it. Frankly, it's a little difficult to compare if you don't know or understand the total buildup of the two cars you're trying to compare. An extremely tight T/C may work well in a big cube, big stroke, situation, but in a small cube, small stroke case, there may be a problem.

You're right laz. My rpm drop between gears is around 900 to 1000 rpm if I shift at 6000 rpm and is 1766 if I shift at 7700+. Like laz stated, the slip number is going to calculate out different depending on how far out on the power curve you are. I realize my trap rpm at the end of the quarter is too high, but then my home track is 1/8 mile.