Best trans choice...

That's a tough one. I feel very comfortable with a 2004r up to about 850ft lb or torque. Anything above that I would consider something else. If its one of my 200s and you exceed hp capability I take them in on trade toward something else. That turbo on kill has capability to go over 850tq.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A T/A stroker and you're still cool putting your 200 behind it with the wick kept in control. Wow. That's good stuff right there.

Just pulled the EA stage 3 out of car cause its been an issue ever since put in. Had it torn down and re built 4 weeks ago and acts same. Maybe 25 passes total since new and 5-800 street miles. Fine for driving around town but it feels like a 1 speed. Cant hear any shifts or feel them. Flaring bad. Putting in a 400 tomorrow.

Just pulled the EA stage 3 out of car cause its been an issue ever since put in. Had it torn down and re built 4 weeks ago and acts same. Maybe 25 passes total since new and 5-800 street miles. Fine for driving around town but it feels like a 1 speed. Cant hear any shifts or feel them. Flaring bad. Putting in a 400 tomorrow.
How much power you pushin

I HAD YOUR TRANS 4 weeks ago?

I put it in and dyno'd at 680 but went down to 625. Now I'm thinking its 7-750. Hasn't gotten worse over time just stays same.

I put it in and dyno'd at 680 but went down to 625. Now I'm thinking its 7-750. Hasn't gotten worse over time just stays same.

Does that not tell you anything? Stayed the same. You think 200 slip at 680 rwhp and dies quick death?

I HAD YOUR TRANS 4 weeks ago?

No sir. I did not say that anywhere on here. Not saying anything bad about you. This is a post on what tranny he should use. I posted the 400..

I had it re built here in Melbourne. You were lots of help and want to thank you for that. It just didn't work for me and moved on.

No sir. I did not say that anywhere on here. Not saying anything bad about you. This is a post on what tranny he should use. I posted the 400..

I had it re built here in Melbourne. You were lots of help and want to thank you for that. It just didn't work for me and moved on.

Shame you did not pick up the phone. You would have had a $3000 credit toward a Th400.

Wasn't slipping to bring it down to 625.

Yes torque converter slip. No 200 or
400 LIVE being slipped like that. 200 maybe have made 1 maybe 2 pulls. Run all day with out fail slipping converter.

200 was rebuilt by a local guy and is holding great. Not really racing right now, but shes been a few times since.

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

That's a tough one. I feel very comfortable with a 2004r up to about 850ft lb or torque. Anything above that I would consider something else. If its one of my 200s and you exceed hp capability I take them in on trade toward something else. That turbo on kill has capability to go over 850tq.

So what should I do. You're the expert and I trust you knowledge and expertise. If I were to purchase a stage 3 from you do you think it would hold up? Would I be pulling it each year and replacing certain parts in it? I built the car for both the track and the street so I want it to perform well. However, it's purely a hobby. In other words it's not an everyday/daily driver. It will probably be driven about 500 miles a year. I know it would be much easier to put a 200 in it rather then a 4L but my concern is durability. And I have to make a decision in the next week or two.

So what should I do. You're the expert and I trust you knowledge and expertise. If I were to purchase a stage 3 from you do you think it would hold up? Would I be pulling it each year and replacing certain parts in it? I built the car for both the track and the street so I want it to perform well. However, it's purely a hobby. In other words it's not an everyday/daily driver. It will probably be driven about 500 miles a year. I know it would be much easier to put a 200 in it rather then a 4L but my concern is durability. And I have to make a decision in the next week or two.

Street car absolutely I would run the 200. No the transmission would not need to come back every year

A 200 built right is an excellent transmission. The one in my car was last opened up in 2008 because of a failure caused by a broken ring & pinion. When it was put back in the car only ran 10.1x's but ran 9's the next year & every year since gradually getting faster. I go to the track almost every weekend and the last time out ran 8.96. Still shifts like the day it was put in. Another thing to think about is that once you purchase one for $2000-$3000 you have the expensive stuff paid for. When I had mine fixed in 2008 I think I spent $800, and that included a fabricated aluminum pan upgrade, and shipping back to me. I never would have imagined it lasting this long. Car weight may have a big impact, I'm around 3300lbs w/driver. Lonnie, I very well may be talking to you one day if I ever have problems?