Big Deer pics wanted......

alrighty I guess I'll start it off>>>>this is from 2006

Attachments

• Mon-home-boys 004.jpg
    Mon-home-boys 004.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 197
Do these qualify as big deer? :biggrin:

my wifes cousin, my bro in law & his uncle, from 2006, Illinois trip. World class deer on the right, biggest one of the year from that hunting place! 16 points! Forgot what the spread was, but its huge.

Attachments

• 11-15-2006-0092.jpg
    11-15-2006-0092.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 194
I've been hunting since I was 13 and got at least one buck and several doe every year since. I'll be 40 this year. I'm running out of wall space that's for sure! :D 80% of the deer I've got were with the bow. The rest with a shotgun. Here are a few...

2003BUCK001.jpg

SM11-29-04-03.jpg

I have many more but they are lost on hard drives somewhere around here. The best I ever did was a 12 pt buck and 4 doe in 20 mins with the shotgun. :)

Does this one count? Minnesota 2007. November 6.

Attachments

• CRAIGLIST23 010.jpg
    CRAIGLIST23 010.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 177
I posted my big pics in that thread, lol. My family has 228 acres near Shinnston, WV. The deer are browse deer, over hunted, and not managed (yet). Our game warden buddy does a great job on keeping the trespassers out for us these days.

But here are some pics:

Right of passage?
banging4pointsaway.jpg

Airborne days:

brentsbest4.jpg

Just stepped into the woods, about 100 yards from my cabin. When I came back in everyone asked if I forgot something, I wasn't even gone 5 minutes.

brents7point.jpg

This deer stunk bad for how small he was, he was also swollen like crazy for being a 2.5 year old deer. He had 2 does with him, and he was king of the mountain that day. I put a good hunt on him to intercept him 500 yards up the hollow from where I first saw him and couldn't get a shot off.

brushy8point2.jpg

Best season ever, also the only year we could hunt Sunday and the farthest to the right was a bowkill 8 the day before rifle season:

theperfectseason.jpg

But this is my most special deer, also my largest body. Took him the year my father almost died and he was right there with me to watch it all go down. Prior to that deer the 'Airborne days' deer was my best buck.

brentandmikewith1st8.jpg

I also saved everyone from the deadly 1992 Fox Squirrel Invasion, you're all welcome. ;)

squirrelinvasion.jpg

Project TNX.....Got a good laugh out of the 1st pic. From the look on your face & the look on the deer's face I thought you might be having your way with him.:eek:

Project TNX.....Got a good laugh out of the 1st pic. From the look on your face & the look on the deer's face I thought you might be having your way with him.:eek:

It was super cold that year, that little buck froze solid, so of course my parents made me do stupid/embarrassing poses with it.

So would that pic be entitled "Deer hunting with happy ending?" :biggrin:

Attachments

• banging4pointsaway.jpg
    banging4pointsaway.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 116
So would that pic be entitled "Deer hunting with happy ending?" :biggrin:

That or, "Pictures you should never post on the internet!!"

Here is a little something I used to hunt to. I relocated them mostly, spent 3 summers trying to catch an albino with about a 14 inch shell, I could never get him in a shallow enough section to grab him though. :(

snappers.jpg

snapper3.jpg

Hey, now I can join with my fish...........sorry, I know it said Deer but I don't hunt.

Five of us went fishing out of Puerta Vallerta, Mexico a few years back. One of the others was on the line when it hit. He reeled for about 15 minutes, then gave the rod to me, saying his inner thighs were chafing. (He was fat.)

It took me 1 and 1/2 hours to haul this Marlin in. Once it was in the boat I literally collapsed in the cabin I was so worn out. I sometimes think back and wonder how close to a heart attack I was since I was completely exhausted. (Hey, I'm old.)

Once back at the dock, which didn't have a scale by the way, we took a few pics and left the fish since they wanted $1200 to send it to Mexico City, stuff and mount it, then ship it back home to me. It was estimated by the boat's captain at 350 lbs. We measured it at 10 1/2 feet.

We gave it to the boat crew for the tip. They were happy.

1st pic...what happens when you go fishing in Mexico.
2nd pic...me hauling it in
3rd pic...all of us trying to get it in the boat
4th pic...ride 'em cowboy

Attachments

• DSC00217.jpg
    DSC00217.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00238.jpg
    DSC00238.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00254.jpg
    DSC00254.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00265.jpg
    DSC00265.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 137
A few more pics...

Here is a pic of some of the racks taken off the property me and my friend hunt...and a pic of me and my brother from a good day of Striper fishing a few years ago...:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 76
  • BENCOLIN.JPG
    BENCOLIN.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 81