Big wheels and drop spindles?!

GregInAtl

I am looking to do wheels very soon, and am concerned about front wheel fitment. Everyones rear fitment is similar, and I have compiled a list of what fits and what doesn't from reading on here the last year or so. (Thats why I am always asking what everyone is running for all measurements) The problem is I can not find many people here w/ 18"+ wheel packages AND using 2" drop spindles. Since this keeps all angles OEM but moves the point of axis up 2" it has a bearing on what offset now fits and clears. I know I am going to need more rear spacing to get the wheel off the inner fender.
Does anyone have a big wheel set up, drop spindles AND knows what BS you are running?!
TIA
GC

HAFROD, I need info from you I know....Even though its a Monte, it'd get me headed in the right direction.
Any TR guys?!

I am looking to do wheels very soon, and am concerned about front wheel fitment. Everyones rear fitment is similar, and I have compiled a list of what fits and what doesn't from reading on here the last year or so. (Thats why I am always asking what everyone is running for all measurements) The problem is I can not find many people here w/ 18"+ wheel packages AND using 2" drop spindles. Since this keeps all angles OEM but moves the point of axis up 2" it has a bearing on what offset now fits and clears. I know I am going to need more rear spacing to get the wheel off the inner fender.
Does anyone have a big wheel set up, drop spindles AND knows what BS you are running?!
TIA
GC

18x7 with 2" drop spindle and 4" backspacing

pics here

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/214890-pics-inside-what-you-think.html

No offense but keeping the front end geometry "OE" is not a good thing. I personally went a completly different route changing springs, Savitske Classic & Custom AFX spindles, adjustable uppers, etc but I would recommend getting scandc's adjustable uppers, Howe's ball joints and Moog 5658 springs to accomplish your drop. This will make major benefits in your front end and makes it much easier to run bigger wheels. The reason for this is so the wheel moves up and inward when loading the front end instead of straight up like the stock will do. The price is a little more costly but the benefits are outstanding. Just my 2 pennies!!;) --------Jeremy

I have 18x8 rims with 4.5 inch back spacing ,, they have 235 40 r18 tires ..

I have 2 inch dropped spindles and a bit more drop from the bags ,, no clearence issues at all ...

Hope that helps ...

No offense but keeping the front end geometry "OE" is not a good thing. I personally went a completly different route changing springs, Savitske Classic & Custom AFX spindles, adjustable uppers, etc but I would recommend getting scandc's adjustable uppers, Howe's ball joints and Moog 5658 springs to accomplish your drop. This will make major benefits in your front end and makes it much easier to run bigger wheels. The reason for this is so the wheel moves up and inward when loading the front end instead of straight up like the stock will do. The price is a little more costly but the benefits are outstanding. Just my 2 pennies!!;) --------Jeremy

Big thanks bro, you actually made sense, unlike alot of opinions on here. I already have spindles and 4 springs, so I may just have to find the adj uppers. Good call, and thx again.

Also thx to replies guys, very helpful indeed, and akgn, your wheels look so big w/ the car dumped down....I love it!

Grag, give Mark a call at scandc. I talked to him about a set up with drop spindles and springs on a buddy's Monte SS. I am pretty sure he told me that running spindles and the adjustable uppers will work well. Not pushing his product on you,, just pushing his advice. He is very intelligent and would be glad to give you advice. 610-346-8805

Grag, give Mark a call at scandc. I talked to him about a set up with drop spindles and springs on a buddy's Monte SS. I am pretty sure he told me that running spindles and the adjustable uppers will work well. Not pushing his product on you,, just pushing his advice. He is very intelligent and would be glad to give you advice. 610-346-8805

I will definately do, thanks in advance! I am still sittin pretty stock, but want to get all the parts and do this all at once, so I'll call him ASAP!