Billet AFPR.. any to avoid??

pvtpilot

2LT USAF
I'm doing the fuel system upgrade.. going to hotwired 340 and I'm looking at billet AFPRs. I see ramchargers, ATR, Kirbans and all sell various designs. Are there any to avoid, are any better than the other, any horror stories using a particular brand?? thanks.

IMO they all work the same Bosch had a Billet to fuel reg thats allittle cheaper than the others that what Kirbans sells.

i have accufabs black one and kb's blue one in each car, they work fine and never had a problem. maybe quality control is an issue with them but not mine. i've also had the billet top stock looking one postons used to sell. that worked fine too.

thanks for all of the replies. I decided to go with the Kirbans billet AFPR. :) hmm... now that my fuel system will be done... what next.. its getting close to rebuild time. :eek:

Has any one seen the AFP reg that you can adjust from the inside of the car? It was one in a tech article; I can't find the information again.

Thanks Turbogee

ya they had that in car fp regulator in GMHTP's all buick issue. i think it was eastern performance.

Thanks matt87

Any ideal of witch issue GMHTP's or where I can find eastern performance?
I tried eastern performance.com but it was a motorcycle place.

Turbogee

:D

Your looking for GM High Tech March 1999. I've had my KB adjustable since 91 and it's fine. No need for the inside afpr. I am a fan of inside boost control though.:D

TurboGee

I would steer clear of Eastern Performace. I have heard of several horror stories about ordering parts from that place.

I had the Accufab and went with Charged Air's fuel reg. Nothing was wrong with the Accufab just wanted the finish of the CAS reg.