GRNCH

Grinchy
Greetings All!

Sorry in advance for the long post.
Symptoms:
Fan does not blow at any speed
A/C clutch engages
Fuses appear good

I researched the archives on the topic first and did the following tests.

Testing:
Power OK to thick Red wire before and after connector
Power OK to Brown wire
Power OK to Purple wire on blower top
Ground OK to Black wire on blower top
Resistor plate coils all Good
NO power to Orange wire on either side of wire split
Adding power to Purple connector on blower top does not start blower

Questions:
Shouldn't the blower come on when I put power and ground to the top connectors? Is the blower bad?
Why is there no power in the Orange wire, even though the ignition is on? If it's a fuse that I missed, can you tell me exactly which one?

Thanks in advance for your help. BTW, it's 108 degrees in North Dallas!

-GRNCH

Sooo... With the A/C on and the fan speed set to high, there's +12v at the purple wire going into the blower, and the GND is good? And the blower doesn't work?

Get a new blower - Autozone, $14.95 w/Lifetime warrnaty. You will have to swap the squirrel cage, You need a 1/4", 7MM sockets/drivers, and a 10MM socket/wrench for the cage.

Don't take it out.

I would test it while it's still installed on the car. This way you don't have to worry about it moving and causing more problems.
I may have a wire diagram. If you want I can email it to you.

Yes Digorok, please do!

I have the motor on hold at Autozone. I'll pick it up on the way home from work and install it this evening. A wiring diagram would be a big help.

Thanks!

Yeah! It's fixed! The new blower works great. I tried to make it more difficult than it really was. Got lost in the details and couldn't see the forest through the trees.

Thanks everyone! :)

Great!

You may notice an increase in air volume ver the other unit (when it WAS workin) as well.

Gotta love the $14.95 lifetime warranty blower. :D