Boost at the line

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
No threads in here in such a long time, so why not get one going.

Wondering how much boost you launch with? What mods you have done to do it and what your best 60 foots were with it?

I have only been to the track 3 times.

Best 60': 1.700 spinning out of the hole, 8-10 psi launch, pushing through the lights, brakes wouldn't hold. Used the E brake as well. Front sway bar removed.

26" Slicks, ATR Bar, Air bags 9 psi DS and 24 psi PS, UMI tubular lowers, 90/10 fronts, 50/50 rear shocks.

I just upgraded the rears to the S-10 drums and brakes and look forward to better 60' times.

14# launch off the foot brake.
1.56 60' with 27 X 10.5 Hoosier QTPs.
Original 21 year old stock suspension + 2 air-bags.
Had to put the rear view mirror back on. :D

1.57 with a 5 lb launch.

275/50/15 MT ET street radials

ATR sway bar, boxed lower control arms and no hop bars on the upper control arms.

Hoping to get some 28x9x15 MT Drags on soon and launch harder and hope for some 1.4's *cross fingers*

-Adam

1.51 with a 5# launch. i have 275x60x15 M/T drag radials
ATR rear sway bar, metco (adj) upper's and lower's, air bags with no air in them. best run is in the sig. cant leave at anything higher, brake wont hold but working on that.

1.71 with MT Sportsman Pro's @ 9 psi
10 psi on trans-brake, stock suspension, no sway bar, no airbags. Car launches straight as an arrow.

of course this needs to be improved upon.:biggrin:

Well whats good 60ft? I see all these guys leaving with15-5lb boost at the track. I can leave with 2lb of vac in the streets, and get a 1.5 60ft. That with26'' BF drag radials.

I cant leave with any boost either. brakes wont hold. even with the S-10 ones. best I got out of it was a 1.54 on foot brake and I think that might have been around 2-3psi. Now I've installed a HR Parts rear sway bar and cant 60ft out of the 1.7's :confused: guess I need to do some adjusting. anyone ever fool with them?

Jason

Well whats good 60ft? I see all these guys leaving with15-5lb boost at the track. I can leave with 2lb of vac in the streets, and get a 1.5 60ft. That with26'' BF drag radials.

1.5 60 foots on the street? Are you using a stop watch or something?? :confused:

1.51 with a 5# launch. i have 275x60x15 M/T drag radials
ATR rear sway bar, metco (adj) upper's and lower's, air bags with no air in them. best run is in the sig. cant leave at anything higher, brake wont hold but working on that.

Nice, I like to hear about numbers like this!

Jason Call me

I cant leave with any boost either. brakes wont hold. even with the S-10 ones. best I got out of it was a 1.54 on foot brake and I think that might have been around 2-3psi. Now I've installed a HR Parts rear sway bar and cant 60ft out of the 1.7's :confused: guess I need to do some adjusting. anyone ever fool with them?

Jason

I was driving a buddies car down at Reynolds went 1.48 with the wheels up on 3 year old MT 28 X 10 slicks 10 lbs of boost off the foot brake. It had more in it I only made 3 passes as it had an internal vacuum leak. The car went 10.98 the 3 pass at 20lbs of boost (not that impressive) but it's never been in the 10's before and never pulled the wheels before.

Jason give me a call I can help you adjust the bar and or your launch to get it to 60' I believe.

I seem to have just thrown parts at it and it hasn't 60 footed for me. I am spinning on slicks 26x10's. I could literally feel when they hooked. I still have the stock upper CA's on there. Adjustable upper LCA's maybe?

I think I just need more time at the track, adjusting pressures to find where it likes to launch.

1Chance,

What's your set up?

I seem to have just thrown parts at it and it hasn't 60 footed for me. I am spinning on slicks 26x10's. I could literally feel when they hooked. I still have the stock upper CA's on there. Adjustable upper LCA's maybe?

I think I just need more time at the track, adjusting pressures to find where it likes to launch.

1Chance,

What's your set up?

What is your pinion angle?

Exception to the rules here. I launch just off idle, the boost gage doesn't move until WOT with a very quick spool thanks to the converter. Typically, it pulls 60's in the high 1.6's. If I do spool up on the foot brake the 60 suffers and I don't necessarily lose traction. The supension mods are boxed stock uppers and lowers, air bag in the RR(20psi), stock type springs and Monroe-matics.
"Flashing" the converter works best for this one at the moment.

the 86
1.42 10psi 275/60-15 mt et street 'drag' radials
stock upper control arms , stock lowers boxed , stock bushings, stock springs
HRparts sway bar, no frt bar, battery up front
MSBc-1 electronic boost controlled launch ,
has vac brakes and cant even hold 0psi but doesnt matter with stageright t-brake
at 6psi its pretty consistent 1.52x
on mt 26" 255/50-16 MT et street 'dra'g radials it does 1.50s at 8psi (3750)

the 87
1.57 255/50-16 MT et street 'drag' radials
stock 87 motor with stock turbo ,
solid bushing lower control arms
adjustable uppers
Hrparts swaybar, no front bar, battery up front
s10 cylinders, powermaster can hold loads of boost but i only hold 3psi (2750 ,just under converter stall) and then just as tree starts i quickly bring up rpms and let go of brake pedal always trying for those low RT's , usually hit 3600rpm before car travels one foot

staging deep will cut your RT down but your 60 will slow a little so if your not running in competion an easy was to shave some time off your 60' is to stage just far enough in to light the two beams and no more ,

Usually around 15-18 psi launch , southside lower control arms , Bennett racing upper , air bags , A.T.R swaybar , lakewood drag shocks , M/T 28 x 10.5 slicks , consistant 1.45 60 ft. Suspension has'nt been touched in 10 years :D

Attachments

• B.O.P Gainsville 2007.jpg
    B.O.P Gainsville 2007.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,331
A lot ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=C3HN5Kin9m4[/YOUTUBE]

Whats up Jay long time no see :D that Nelson's old car ?

Yea.. 2 owners later. Not much left of it from when Nelson had it.

Its sitting in Shane's garage now.. hopefully Ill be starting work on it in the next couple of months.

How's life in Homestead these days?

1.42 60ft

28x9 slicks

umi non adjustable uppers and lowers..

20 psi boost on t brake
Re-exposureofIMG_2358.jpg

PhilLaunch.jpg

i have a HR bar now, but no track times yet