Boost at the line

I cant leave with any boost either. brakes wont hold. even with the S-10 ones. best I got out of it was a 1.54 on foot brake and I think that might have been around 2-3psi. Now I've installed a HR Parts rear sway bar and cant 60ft out of the 1.7's :confused: guess I need to do some adjusting. anyone ever fool with them?

Jason

Jason,
Here is what worked for me when using The stock brakes. I removed the factory prop valve from under the car. I tied the front brake lines together using proper adaptors and fittings > I then installed an adjustable prop valve , like those sold in Summit or jegs on the rear line.

Not only did the brakes in total make an improvement, but I could now crank up the rear bias to make those rear drums work for you. I was able to hold over 10psi on the foot brake with mid 1.4 60fts. When leaving the track tun the bias down to prevent locking the rear brakes on the street.

Once you find what settings you like , mark or count the knob turns to go from street to race set up.

First time out with new combo. 1.50 60ft. Leaving @ 2 lbs boost (4200 rpm) off trans brake. 275/60/15 MT DRs @19 psi. Light burnout.

Car runs low elevens on 91 oct/ alky.
See combo below.

Mike

Jason,
Here is what worked for me when using The stock brakes. I removed the factory prop valve from under the car. I tied the front brake lines together using proper adaptors and fittings > I then installed an adjustable prop valve , like those sold in Summit or jegs on the rear line.

Not only did the brakes in total make an improvement, but I could now crank up the rear bias to make those rear drums work for you. I was able to hold over 10psi on the foot brake with mid 1.4 60fts. When leaving the track tun the bias down to prevent locking the rear brakes on the street.

Once you find what settings you like , mark or count the knob turns to go from street to race set up.

If you have a pic of that it would be great. What a good idea! is all tied into prop. valve or are the fronts on there own line?? Is the stock prop. valve utilized at all?? Just confirming. Thanks. Again great Idea..I love this board. :biggrin:

(QUOTE) Best 60': 1.700 spinning out of the hole, 8-10 psi launch, pushing through the lights, brakes wouldn't hold. Used the E brake as well.

Be careful using the e-brake !!! Buddy of mine was telling me of someone who did this and the e-brake stuck and when he shot wot it sent the rear wheel forward into the quarter panel and busted dang near everything in the rear end:eek: Messed his car up BADDDD !!!

Well whats good 60ft? I see all these guys leaving with15-5lb boost at the track. I can leave with 2lb of vac in the streets, and get a 1.5 60ft. That with26'' BF drag radials.

Little hard to believe. Ya pushin 900 horse and a quicky spool turbo(your in vacuum) and great street and tires.:confused: MOST guys don't get that with slicks, good track and suspension and a light with a really good stop watch(track lazer beams) lol Tell me your secrets!!:eek:

I usually launch @ 10lbs off the footbrake, my best 60's are 1.57-1.58 on skinny 255/60 MT drag radials. Mods are adjustable uppers, UMI lowers with relocation holes and Fullthrottles (ATR) bar, the springs are Belltech with a 1.5-2" drop and Bilstein shocks. Double long brake shoes out back, not sure what the pinion angle is. Converter was a heavy 9x11 (3200) which hampered spool-up.

I only have a couple of passes on the car and pretty sure I can launch harder by changing techniques. The way I do it now is holding the brake I go WOT and wait for the boost to come up until the brakes don't hold which is around 10# and let it fly. The car is always pig rich from WOT and alky on @ 4#.

Next time out with my new 9.5" PTC n/l I will hold it steady @ 5-7# then go WOT to flash the converter.

I left at 12lbs off the footbrake and had a 1.67 on MT 255/60's

No suspension work other than a PS air bag.

On another pass I left at 15lbs, which felt awesome but I yanked on the steering wheel so hard that it tilted (without pulling the lever), so I let off.

I tried leaving harder, but blew the tires away.

I only have one good race day with the car.

Eric

I had a 1.665 60 FT. off the foot brake pushing through the light,12-14LBS. boost. I have 2 rear air bags,front swaybar disconnected,Stock trans& converter,and the stock intercooler!

1.56 60ft on 10psi of boost with a TE-61 Turbo off the foot brake is the best so far! hopefully better this year after a few susp mods. Upper's lower's and the big sway bar!

Launching technique: The torque converter stalls at 2,440 rpm @ 0 boost. I stage while preloading the T/C at 2,300 rpm. I set the transbrake and go WOT on the first sign of the 2nd amber on a 3 amber tree, releasing the transbrake at the first blink of the 3rd amber. The car leaves the line at 4,300 rpm with 16 psi boost. How's that for turbo lag! :eek:

Best 60' to date: 1.289 on 28x10.5-15 M/Ts.

Check out the wrap on the slicks.

Attachments

• img001_resize.jpg
    img001_resize.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,952
15 PSI on the t-brake, 1.41 best, Mid 1.40's typical

29x9 slicks
Metco adjustable uppers
Just Suspension lowers
Custom chromoly Anti-roll bar
QA1's all the way around

Attachments

• Midwest Bracket avatar.jpg
    Midwest Bracket avatar.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,876
My 60' suck compared to these. I get between 1.77 to 1.80. I can only hold @7-8#, then it pushes. I guess theres something I need to work on. I just ordered a Pats 10" 3400 stall to replace the restalled D5, so that should help some(fingers crossed):confused:

1 PSI launch worked with my old GN combo. Lit the pre-stage light, brought the car up to 1 lb and bumped in. Best 60' with this method was 1.52. Stock engine, TE63-1 turbo, AC 16930 TC, 3.42 gears and 275-60-15 MT radials.

No i have a G-tech, it tells me 60ft, RWHP, 0-60, G-Force,1/4mi,1/8mi, and MPH.

OH JEEEZ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My 1989 G20 Conversion van with 200k on a 305 TBI was running 15's :eek: and hade 290 HP:eek: , while cutting 1.8 60 foots with my buddies G-Tech.

I guess my van has 290 hp because the G-Tech says so!

You CAN NOT rely on a G-Tech for performance/60 foots/hp.....

-Adam

OH JEEEZ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My 1989 G20 Conversion van with 200k on a 305 TBI was running 15's :eek: and hade 290 HP:eek: , while cutting 1.8 60 foots with my buddies G-Tech.

I guess my van has 290 hp because the G-Tech says so!

You CAN NOT rely on a G-Tech for performance/60 foots/hp.....

-Adam
Well, i checked my G-Tech a Jackson Motor Speedy Way! Jackson SC. It was 1/100th off on the mph, all other times were dead on. Im not trying to impress anyone, my car hasnt ran good for long since i had it. When it did, it did ok. No suspention mods to the car, but the first owner heated the front springs before i got it, and the car has no suspention travel in the front. That maybe why it 60 ft so well. I know when it launch the rear hits the bo0ttom of the car. All stock engine at the time with a D5 convert, and a T44, 36lbs injt. Best time was a 12.30 1/4,at 116mph.

Well, i checked my G-Tech a Jackson Motor Speedy Way! Jackson SC. It was 1/100th off on the mph, all other times were dead on. Im not trying to impress anyone, my car hasnt ran good for long since i had it. When it did, it did ok. No suspention mods to the car, but the first owner heated the front springs before i got it, and the car has no suspention travel in the front. That maybe why it 60 ft so well. I know when it launch the rear hits the bo0ttom of the car. All stock engine at the time with a D5 convert, and a T44, 36lbs injt. Best time was a 12.30 1/4,at 116mph.

WOW:eek: Hard runnin car, what was your 60' and 1/8th on that one? if you don't mind me asking.:rolleyes: