BOP @ Bremerton is 1 week away...whos going?

Just got home, we left the track at 2:00 or so, and it was BEAUTIFUL there today!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It was sunny and cold and the cars were running fast (Josh was having 120 mph traps)! Unfortunately they canceled the show portion :( . Aparently the people putting on the event didn't have their stuff together and didn't have any trophys or judges. :( I'll let Josh or Dan chime in after they get back, but I'll say it again........God must drive a Buick. ;)

Adam

We fortunately had really good weather. Quite a few sun breaks. Only had one 5 minute delay due to brief sprinkles. Left around 1:30 and just 2 miles away ran into a nice downpour.

Got six runs in from 9am to 1pm. Only about half as many cars as last year. Made for a lot of practice runs which was great. First runs at 9am was terrible. Zero traction for everyone. The track was still probably wet from morning dew. Got much better after VHT spraying and guys with slicks laying down rubber.

There were three GN's there: Josh, me and the nice Gentleman from Port Orchard I believe. Nice to see Mic again. Haven't seen him since Turbo Thunder IV when he ran his burgandy Turbo T in the finals against that evil TTA guy, Rob. Cool to see Adam, his Dad and Randy there. Hope you get the Ty running again soon, Randy. Good rig for the wet season. Sam was there running his Cutlass.

Ran a new personal best of 109.64 mph. Ran another 12.4. I hit 12.4 every outing this year at Woodburn, Mission and Bremerton. Fun running with the fast crowd when I'm the only one with street radials. Cut one decent 60' of 1.87.

Half the time I was fighting bogging off the line. I've been experience this problem every race this season. One time it launches hard, another time it's a slug off the line then moves after 10 ft or so. Not a traction problem nor is it blowing black smoke like it's running rich. Possibly it's real or false detonation at the line which is retarding the timing or crappy non lock up torque convertor or something else. I'm going to hook up my new Directscan and start collecing data. Then it's Geno time.

Had a fun time. Bummer more couldn't make it out due to the uncertain weather. Look forward to next season!

Yes, It was a awesome day for racing! I wish a few more guys gambled on the wheather but I can't blame them with the longer drive and all. I did have a few 120.xx mph runs and they felt pretty good but my ET's were alittle high and my reaction times were slow. My best run was a time trial run at 11.84 @ 120.19 mph w/ a 1.72 60" . I couldn't seem to 60 very well all day and I was running ET streets! They might be at the end of their rope. I got some plans for the winter to come out swinging for next year. :D Also with only 3 GN's there I was pissed that they paired me and Mark up in the first round instead of mixing it up alittle. Even though my car was faster I couldn't catch Mark with his reaction time! :confused:

I had a great time yesterday also and the weather held out for the race. It was good to see other GN's at Bremerton, but unfrotunately with the uncertain weather the turn out wasn't what it usually is at the BOP. I really felt sorry for Josh that they paired us up in the first round knowing that one of us would be eliminated instead of mixing us up with other cars. Unfortunately for me I was trying for a quicker reaction time in the second round and red-lighted giving the win to a local guy from Port Orchard. The good news for me is that I ran my quickest times to date with a 12.043 @ 114.37 with a horrible 1.823 60 ft.
I stayed untill about 4:00 and they opened the track up to time only so I made one more run trying to break into the 11's but ran an 12.046 - so close but so far away. Well there's always next year and I need to do something about those horrible 60' times. I'm thinking about MT Drag Radials. See you guys next year.

I set a new trap-speed best with the Cutlass. . .86.76 wooo-hooo :biggrin:

Made it through the first round of eliminations against a red-lighting 18.50 Fiero running on a 17.50 dial. Then got knocked out in the second round running a 15.897 on a 15.80 dial against a 13.581 on a 13.55 dial. . .who says racing slow cars can't be fun :cool:

Josh - Congrats on running 120 m.p.h. Having put on those ported irons sounds like you're putting out some serious power. :cool:

Does this mean your going to take the winter off? Or will you be cooking
up something serious to really b-slap Dan? :tongue:

Mike

Jerky-boy Josh is in a whole other league now. :eek:

Any slow cars out there want to take me on next year? I'm having an inferiority complex this off-season. :p

I was really happy to see those trap speeds! :D You know its a low turnout when I had the fastest TB. I just hope some day I can figure out how to make it past the first round! :confused: :rolleyes: :D