Bowling Green

I like tall tires on the g bodies but I think a hot stock combo runs better with a slick.the new radial pros can be shocked pretty good as well.

What size tire you like ?.
You like the Pro's better than ET Streets ?
My ET streets might have had enough already ?. I've drove on the street some and ran them at the track quite a few times.

on your combo I would run 275/60/15 street radial pros

image.jpeg Looks like I might be getting close to the quickest stock engine/turbo/intercooler record. This is a 10lb boost launch and was de tuned a bit from 3 weeks before. This is on the D5 converter also.

Looks like I might be getting close to the quickest stock engine/turbo/intercooler record.
your moving(y)ed was around 7.1 in the 1/8 if I remember correctly.run the car out the back lets see what it does with that strong 1/8

your moving(y)ed was around 7.1 in the 1/8 if I remember correctly.run the car out the back lets see what it does with that strong 1/8
I'm confident with the tune up on kill, it will run 7.20's with the D5. Switching to a 10" lockup and launching around 13-14 lbs boost, pretty sure I can run 7.0's to 7.10's also.
I can't disclose right now...
But I have a secret weapon to run 6.90's and 10.90's with the stock turbo,engine and intercooler .

This is me allowing the car to shift itself also, somewhere around 4800-4900 rpm. Gonna try shifting little higher 2-3. Car seems to nose over a hair on that shift.

Good thread, love seeing the stock stuff pushed...

Was just reading up on your times, very impressive! Thats the fastest stock turbo times I've seen in 11 yrs. And you're 100% sure its a stock turbo right? Pics?

Anyway, I don't know if going to a 10" converter will help you. Nothing is going to beat that D5 locked for efficiency. I'm surprised you haven't tried locking it yet. But I can see how trying to get that extra launch rpm for the 60ft with the 10" to get a 1.5 is worth a shot. Do you have an RJC boost controller? I assume you don't want to go with a transbrake. Another thing you could look at would be going to a FAST system to give you more tuning options for the launch and throughout the run. Can get a used one for similar to what you'd pay for a new 10". Just a thought.

I'd stick with 27" tires. The taller 28" tires can hurt times at that power level.

Oh, and Ed Brewer went 1.50 60 ft., 7.17@94.77, and 11.37@116.35 at 3570 lbs with a restalled D5 locked on 26x10 Hoosiers.

I've had two cars run similar to your BG slip with a slightly better 60ft to run 11.9s on a stock turbo. Two totally different setups though. One on an unlocked D5 with nearly stock suspension and other car with a tbraked Th400 with upgraded suspension wheels up launch. Both 60fts around 1.59-1.60. Weight was also high 3600s. Figure with 100lbs less weight, a 1.50 60ft, locked converter, and better weather there was 4 tenths to be had in an ideal scenario. I only ran 24lbs of boost also so could have been a little left there too. So 11.4s don't seem impossible.

Reduce weight even more and add in FAST and fasters times are possible. If I ever blow up my motor I'd love to try a stock combo to see whats possible.

Another place where there's power lost is in the pressure drop across the stock IC. You're losing 3-4 psi with a big neck and 5-6 psi with stock neck. Getting that pressure drop reduced any way you can will help big time. Would be interesting to see how much gain there would be switching to a low press drop IC.

Was just reading up on your times, very impressive! Thats the fastest stock turbo times I've seen in 11 yrs. And you're 100% sure its a stock turbo right? Pics?

Anyway, I don't know if going to a 10" converter will help you. Nothing is going to beat that D5 locked for efficiency. I'm surprised you haven't tried locking it yet. But I can see how trying to get that extra launch rpm for the 60ft with the 10" to get a 1.5 is worth a shot. Do you have an RJC boost controller? I assume you don't want to go with a transbrake. Another thing you could look at would be going to a FAST system to give you more tuning options for the launch and throughout the run. Can get a used one for similar to what you'd pay for a new 10". Just a thought.

I'd stick with 27" tires. The taller 28" tires can hurt times at that power level.

Oh, and Ed Brewer went 1.50 60 ft., 7.17@94.77, and 11.37@116.35 at 3570 lbs with a restalled D5 locked on 26x10 Hoosiers.

I've had two cars run similar to your BG slip with a slightly better 60ft to run 11.9s on a stock turbo. Two totally different setups though. One on an unlocked D5 with nearly stock suspension and other car with a tbraked Th400 with upgraded suspension wheels up launch. Both 60fts around 1.59-1.60. Weight was also high 3600s. Figure with 100lbs less weight, a 1.50 60ft, locked converter, and better weather there was 4 tenths to be had in an ideal scenario. I only ran 24lbs of boost also so could have been a little left there too. So 11.4s don't seem impossible.

Reduce weight even more and add in FAST and fasters times are possible. If I ever blow up my motor I'd love to try a stock combo to see whats possible.

Another place where there's power lost is in the pressure drop across the stock IC. You're losing 3-4 psi with a big neck and 5-6 psi with stock neck. Getting that pressure drop reduced any way you can will help big time. Would be interesting to see how much gain there would be switching to a low press drop IC.

Thanks !.

It's absolutely a stock turbo. Nothing to hide. I'm still running the factory turbo exhaust housing also.

I would lock the converter, but it won't, for whatever reason ?. Taking the transmission out in next couple of weeks or so, to see what's going on with that. Never has been able to lock since I've owned the car.

When I was in Bowling Green, I was on the original valve springs. Replaced them about 2 weeks after BG.

Car weighed 3660 with me in it.
I'm running closed exhaust, no cut out at all on the car.

I read a little about Ed's car, THDP, transbrake and slicks, can't remember if he was running big neck intercooler ?.

He was running a big neck stock IC and the turbo was port matched and smoothed out a little. You have a big neck on your IC?

Should be another tenth and a mph or two from locking the converter. Well, at least in the 1/4. A fresh restalled D5 should be all you need.

Untouched intercooler, other than flushed out awhile back and no port matching on the turbo.
Talking to the guys at PTC, 10" LU is the way to go, also going to the 275/60/15's. I'm looking for
1.48 - 60' times, with the converter and anti roll bar install. Don't think the 255/60's will hold 15lbs of boost on launch.

Talking to the guys at PTC, 10" LU is the way to go,
I question this with your combo unless they have something that can take wot lockups.if your pulling the trans. having them freshen your d5 and locking it at wot will give you no slip up top and bring the rpms down,the sooner the rpms climb on the stock turbo the sooner its out of breath.

Untouched intercooler, other than flushed out awhile back and no port matching on the turbo.
Talking to the guys at PTC, 10" LU is the way to go, also going to the 275/60/15's. I'm looking for
1.48 - 60' times, with the converter and anti roll bar install. Don't think the 255/60's will hold 15lbs of boost on launch.
The 10" ptc isn't the greatest up top, cant say how it will react with a stock turbo but a few years back with a 60mm it slipped over 18%..

I question this with your combo unless they have something that can take wot lockups.if your pulling the trans. having them freshen your d5 and locking it at wot will give you no slip up top and bring the rpms down,the sooner the rpms climb on the stock turbo the sooner its out of breath.

It's a lockup.