breaking off manifold bolts?

JUSTA3.8V6

Hey guys, just wondering if i should be worried about breaking off manifold bolts when I change to headers from my stock manifolds this spring? Just wanna know how delicate I should be or if i even should attempt it.

Spray them with PB Blaster or another penetrating oil the night before. You should be fine.

I've never broken one. They are 3/8-16 and the threads are usually clean.

I pulled my manifolds off for the first time two summers ago, and all of the bolts came out fine. Didn't even need PB Blaster. I just took them off again to install my GSCA manifolds, and again they came out fine. Seems weird, but true.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Turbo Buick

Headers should always come off of these cars to check for cracks and flange. Never had a problem they do not get torqued on hard. So the bolts usually always come out. Only issues are the studs. Oil dipstick tube and L bracket occasionally don't want to come off.

I pulled my manifolds off for the first time two summers ago, and all of the bolts came out fine. Didn't even need PB Blaster. I just took them off again to install my GSCA manifolds, and again they came out fine. Seems weird, but true.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Turbo Buick
hello; HIJACK!! Lets here some comments on your GSCA manifold. I also went there but thru words here I didn't.
IBBY

When I remove exhaust bolts I like to actually TIGHTEN them just a hair to break them loose before trying to loosen them.

I was suprised how easy mine came out of the 55K motor 7-8 years ago. Nothing like the V8 buicks ive wreastled with