Breathers with PCV tube

I remember years ago having small blocks/big blocks with a evacuating system coming off the valve cover and being pipped to the collector on each side header . thus under acceration creating a exhaust draw on any gases in the engine . and leave the stock PCV setup in for idle requirements. anyone else remember this "old school stuff" ? why not something like that , or am I missing something ?? Have the DS open to a K&N filter and pipe the PS right into the downpipe (even right on top of the DP before it turns down at the firewall , just down or inline with the installed Mr.Gasket oil seperators ), collector after the cat or into test pipe ???

check out : Mr. Gasket 6002 - Mr. Gasket Crankcase Evacuation System - JEGS

http://www.mr-gasket.com/pdf/6002.pdf (Install instruction)

I did a search ,that system does not work well on our cars,but this vacume system has been around for some time and works,,,KWICK i aways thought you where a young kid but now i dont know,,,,,how is the stroker

I did a search ,that system does not work well on our cars,but this vacume system has been around for some time and works,,,KWICK i aways thought you where a young kid but now i dont know,,,,,how is the stroker

I never had a problem with it and have seen it on countless cars in the past , and the mechanical principal should apply to both engines . I've been in this money pit hobby for 30 years but I'm still young at heart :D :) LOL . thanks reminding me how old I'm getting :D. Stroker's doing well , it will be keeping me out of the cold weather this winter . :)

KWIK,,my search told me that moreso system valves had to be installed after the mufflers ????? thats a lot of hose

due to turbo pushing.. mufflers slight restrictsion,exhaust was going back into valve covers ..not my words

Thanks for the pics and info - I've wondered what the pumps look like.

I am thinking about welding a pipe on to my test tube at an angle, attaching one of those valves, and then run a hose into the car so that I could feel it for myself. Would be great to have a free strong vacuum supply.

does someone offer a kit for the turbo regals or do we have to piece togeather our own thanks

It is very easy to piece this together:
1) Buy either LT1 pump listed on Racetronix website (he has part#'s listed) at a local GM dealer or auto wreckers
2) Buy the Racetronix harness which is a simple plug and play
3) Buy one or two Moroso valve cover breathers at any local speed shop
4) Buy hose to connect the system together at Home Depot/ Rona

Takes half hour to install everything and your done. I had Racetronix rig mine up to run 2 evac pumps. I will hook that up over the winter when I have plenty of time on my hands to go in the garage and tinker with it.

Do you leave the PCV valve in its stock location? or block it off with this system. Thanks

does someone offer a kit for the turbo regals or do we have to piece togeather our own thanks

We thought about it but there are too many variations that our customers might want. Different valve covers, different breathers. different pump mounting locations etc. The pumps are being sold surplus all over the place so it would be cheaper to piece one together yourself anyhow.

You don't want to ditch the PCV and recirculate the gases like that.

I am currently running two breathers like that for $8
Edelbrock Signature Series Valve Cover Breathers: EDL-4410 - summitracing.com

IF any vendor would make a -6 tube on our inlet pipe we could do what the factory intended, have the turbo suck the air out of the covers under boost.

Then put an oil catch can in between the breather hoses and the inlet pipe and you stop the oil from getting back into the inlet system. :wink:

I am eventually going to do this, but am hoping to get a vendor to start doing it so I don't have to custom fab it up ( I mean, have someone else fab it :biggrin: ).

IF any vendor would make a -6 tube on our inlet pipe we could do what the factory intended, have the turbo suck the air out of the covers under boost.

Then put an oil catch can in between the breather hoses and the inlet pipe and you stop the oil from getting back into the inlet system. :wink:

I am eventually going to do this, but am hoping to get a vendor to start doing it so I don't have to custom fab it up ( I mean, have someone else fab it :biggrin: ).

Most I/T pipes I have seen are SS. If that is the case it would be VERY easy to silver solder an AN fitting on yourself using a MAP gas torch. Silver solder and white paste flux is inexpensive in small packs available at welding supply stores. Silver soldiering is somewhat like soldering and brazing. It is very easy to work with and cleans up real nicely.

BTW not all cars create enough vacuum between the air cleaner and turbo to make this work. In my experience any setup with a decent air filter creates very little vacuum esp. at low boost.

calling board member "turbofabricator" . :) :)

I need one of these pumps and I called every junkyard around looking for and LT1 pump....no luck.

Maybe TURBOFISH or somebody else could post up what all year/make/models we can look for these pumps to be on.

I will get back the number off the one I had. It was off a Caddy and I had it plugged to the PCV and it worked very well...
You guys are making me want to get one back on again...
I will get the number soon...