Brian, great guy, go with him for your tranny

GNguy

U aint that big
I just bought a trans from Brian on the board. I havent gotten it yet but all I can say is that he is best guy I have dealt with on this board hands down. HE did everything he could to accomodate me. I am sure I will be more than happy with the trans, and I am going to definitly let you guys know how it is when I put it in. IF you are considering going to a built trans for a GREAT price definitly go talk to him!!! thanks Brian for a great transaction.

Well, I have tested this trans out and all I can say is WOW!! This thing is amazing. It feels solid as a rock and drives great!! The key thing I wanted was drivability and durability and this thing has both. The trans brake on this thing is the best thing ever, its throws me back in my seat like no other!! If you guys are considering a tranny go with Brian. He has great customer service and will help you with anything you need. His trannys are the best way to go, you wont regret it for a minute!

Brian is a standup guy! I have sold a tranny and just bought 1 from him also. He knows what he is talking about and his prices are great!! He is always there is you need any help.
Thanks again Brian
His email is hipsibri@cs.com
Try him out

Awesome

Wanted to put my experience up as well. I was pointed to Brian from another member who said he was a good tranny guy to deal with. I contacted him and was very happy with the conversation we had about the tranny he would build for me. He was very thorough and made me feel good about having him build it. We set up a place and time to meet and everything went as planned. Really worked with me to help get it to me as well.

All i can say since putting this tranny in my car is wow. This tranny just feels solid and shifts great! Rock solid shifts and everything is just perfect on it. I am no longer worried about the tranny in my car now....great feeling! He built this thing well and i just have nothing but good things to say about the tranny and Brian. Everything i wanted and the price was great. Couldn't ask for more!!

He has went the extra step to help me with my car as well when i was having other issues besides my old tranny problems. He is a standup guy that is just willing to help where he can.

If your looking for a well built, solid tranny for a awesome price, Brian is your guy hands down!

I just purchased a plenum spacer from Brian. He shipped super fast and helped me out as I needed it ASAP. Good Guy in my book. :D :cool:

I'm now approaching the end of my third season with Brian's trans, and just wanted to add that the shifts are still as crisp as ever. Fast Eddie (posted above) can verify that I always launch at 14+ lbs. off the brake (best part of the ride- like being rear ended by a freight train!) and I haven't been able to hurt it yet. At our Norwalk track rental yesterday, I was able to pull both front wheels a foot off the ground and drove the car 250 miles home. Wish everything on the car lived this long... :eek:

Patty

blackplague said:
How is your car running anyways?

Thumbs up for brian here!!! :cool:

The Cars running Great and the Trans is perfect, just have no time to get to the track

Thanks Mike,my #'s from the spring of this year in my sig :)
Ed

are these the BRF transmissions i see popping up every once in a while? if so, this is good news at the prices!!! :cool:

Thank you all very much for the kind words. It is very nice to see people are happy with these transmissions. :D
Yes, these are the ones that are coming up from time to time. So, keep an eye out for one that suits you.
Brian Hofer hipsibri@cs.com

49-blues,
We build our own servo for our race trannies.(they are an existing servo we modify extensively) What is out there to purchase, is just not large enough to do what we want with the trans to keep it running reliably.
Occassionally, I may have one for sale if we can build extras.
Thanks, Brian

If you have an extra servo available- the very duty type and take paypal , id like to order one. i spoke to you before but got tied up with alot of other things. thanks Matt

Matt,
We just stick with the overdrive units. Our specialty. ;-)
Anyway, I will see what we come up with in the way of servos. It does not look like we are going to continue to produce them in quantity, except for our builds. Takes to much depending on an outside source.(mainly time)
Thanks, Brian