Bristol & Noble -- who is in?

tc86gn,
You could not start out a better place then a Buick event to get more advice and help then you know what to do with. You will pick up some much more info. here then you ever could at your local drag strip.

There are not classes you race heads up. If you get to race or not depends on two factors, how fast you are and how may Mustangs show up. If there were 50 Buicks and 35 Mustangs the 35 fastest Buicks would run. However, if there were 65 Mustangs all 50 Buicks would get to race.

Don't let your lack of expeience stop you from taking your car, bring it. You will not regret it. Oh. by the way, I would either consider either running a higher octane fuel or decreasing the boost - just my 2 cents from someone who has blown their share of HG.:D

Here is a message I got from the wonderful people at the Ok club today, I e-mailed the HBC and LSPBC people but if you don't get there e-mail please post here to get a head count.

> From the Ok club;
>
> We have been looking into options for the BarBQue after this years
Shootout
> victory over the Mustangs.
> Bobs' Pig Shop in Pauls Valley has been contacted about a dinner of ribs,
> brisket & trimmings, catered to the track. The cost per head should be
known
> by Monday afternoon, but will be predicated by how many we are playing to.
> Provisions for a shelter, such as a large tent and lighting will also be
> made. This gathering would be available to both Buick and Ford racers
> allowing a chance to visit, swap parts, discuss the race and kick back
after
> the days event.
> We do not have a large number of pledges made yet, so now is the time to
> indicate your interest.
> This will be copied to out of state participants who have indicated an
> interested to get their pledge. As in the past, we will again subsidize
the
> entry fee to the Race for out of state Buick racers.
> I would suggest that one person in each area gather the names of pledges
for
> their group and email it in to the Ok club Treasurer, Kathy Emberton at
> okgsgn@oklahoma.net by Oct 15.
>
> Thanks,
> **** Walker

See Ya their

I will take all the advice I can get as I need it. I will start by turning boost down to about 17 and tune it to the max. All tips are welcome and appreciated here! Thanks
Tom

Say OK Club,
Any chance of having the barbque beore the finals? Its a long road back to TX(Austin group) - maybe during the time trials - perhaps barbque to go??

James,
Good try... You will just have to stay and eat.

Where not heading back until Sunday morning. Im not going to race all day rush to get done and run home. Yall should wait until Sunday to go home.

TC86gn,
You will have planty of help with your car. I will help as much as you need. Bring atleast 5-6 gallons of 116 racing fuel. You never should leave home with out it.

:D

See ya

I agree with Chris and have always stayed the night and drove back on Sunday. Makes things easier.

Stay and enjoy yourself, it's a weekend hehehe

ROLL CALL & BBQ update

MKR - 6
Art - 2
David Newton - 2
Neal - 1
Tom-1
Conley's - 2
Pugh-2
Rmssooner - 1
Chris Bischof - 1
Jeff T - 1
Rick Kinworthy - 1
Carl Brimer - 1
Greg - 1
Dannyo - 2
Mitch smith - 3
TurboDon - 3

MKR - 6
Art - 2
David Newton - 2
Neal - 1
Tom-1
Conley's - 2
Pugh-2
Rmssooner - 1
Chris Bischof - 1
Jeff T - 1
Rick Kinworthy - 1
Carl Brimer - 1
Greg - 1
Dannyo - 2
Mitch smith - 3
TurboDon - 3
Chris McDade - 6

36 -- I sure hope someone from OK is reading this =)

Winsett

I will forward a copy of the list to people in the OK club next week in case others want to join in.

Steve Monroe usualy watches the BB but just in case I'll send them a copy.

Looking forward to the event.

Neal

It sure looks like we'll have about as good a representation as could be hoped for. Anyone know if Jim Turner/Richard Mann (Abilene) are taking the 9-second GS? I don't think it's sold yet. It's rough when you can't draw from many-fold more fast cars from a smaller geographical radius like the Fords can. It ain't easy being green... or something.

Art

All entertainment is optional (Zappa)

Art -

you speak english much?

=)

REMINDER to all... Art is having a disco party at his trailer on Firday night...

<lol>

Winsett

Originally posted by Winsett
MKR - 6
Art - 2
David Newton - 2
Neal - 1
Tom-1
Conley's - 2
Pugh-2
Rmssooner - 1
Chris Bischof - 1
Jeff T - 1
Rick Kinworthy - 1
Carl Brimer - 1
Greg - 1
Dannyo - 2
Mitch smith - 3
TurboDon - 3
Chris McDade - 6
John Schmidt - 3

39 -- I sure hope someone from OK is reading this =)
Winsett

I just got a e-mail from John Schmidt, he will be there with his Opel and will add 3 more people to the list, for a total of 39 now.

LOL Art I can read between the lines and knew what you meant hehehehehe

Neal

a few questions, 1) First time pulling a car in a trailer and was wondering if my 1/2 ton F-150 be sufficient for towing the TR? 2) borrowing the trailer from a friend, found out today he does not have any ramps with the trailer. Can these be rented from some place? 3) How long of a drive from DFW to Noble?

Dannyo

Anybody know if the LaQuinta in Norman the hotel that is next to the IHOP on I35 near the exit for the track by the college???

Danster, call U-haul and get a light weight car hauler - the F-150 should be OK with no major elevations - if you plan on pulling it a lot I would step up to a 3/4 ton truck. Just take your time.

bsharer - we plan at staying at the Ruby's Inn & Restaurant 10 miles from the track - checked it out last year - good parking lot - their phone#: 405-527-5577 located in Purcell OK

See you there

Originally posted by Danster
a few questions, 1) First time pulling a car in a trailer and was wondering if my 1/2 ton F-150 be sufficient for towing the TR? 2) borrowing the trailer from a friend, found out today he does not have any ramps with the trailer. Can these be rented from some place? 3) How long of a drive from DFW to Noble?
Dannyo

(1) Yes a 1/2 ton pkup will pull a car and trailer. Things to watch out for are if the trailer and pkup are not set up with electric brakes or even pressure brakes then be careful how close you are to the car in front of you slowing down or a panic stop will be a hand full. Also make sure you tie down the car.

(2) I don't know of any place that rents ramps for the trailer, you might check out some of the tractor or farm stores, they may but I don't know for sure. Unless maybe someone else that is trailering up there car can let you use theres to load and unload yours.

(3) From the Dallas area it about a 4 hours drive.

Take Care

Neal

Originally posted by Danster
[ borrowing the trailer from a friend, found out today he does not have any ramps with the trailer. Can these be rented from some place?

I would use 2x6's if you were only going to use once. They should be strong enough for on and off a couple of times.

3) How long of a drive from DFW to Noble?
Dannyo [/B]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's around 220-240.