Bristol & Noble -- who is in?

Thanks guys!

Winsett, you might one to change the number of persons from two to one for me on the BBQ, thanks!

Dannyo

WOW, there is a lot of DFW area people that are gonna be there...

Not sure if you guys know about DFWStangs.net or not, so I thought Id post it up.

Originally posted by bsharer
WOW, there is a lot of DFW area people that are gonna be there...

Not sure if you guys know about DFWStangs.net or not, so I thought Id post it up.

That would be great! Tell them, this isn't like the motorplex. You don't have to wait in line for 3 hours behind a bunch of ricers to get a run in, then get told to "slow down" when you run an 11.99 with a 9.

LOL... I was telling YOU GUYS about DFWStangs.net!

There are at least 10 people that are gonna be at Noble that are on there. We've been talking about it for about 4 months!

Thinking about showing up

I am thinking of showing up at Noble. I have been recently diagnosed with cancer. I underwent surgery on 7/9/02 and completed Radiation treatment (7 Weeks) on 9/30/02. The Dr. is confident that he got it all. I really could use a good time.
I do have my Limited to bring. It's been a long time in the building. Several years. It should be running. I will be reinstalling the trans/conv. tomorrow Fri. 9/10/02. I will also be hanging a new exhaust system. I think I may be able to stumble thru tuneing it at the track on Friday night for Saturday Race. I do not feel very confident as to my ability to pull this off! It would sure be nice if I had some encouragement from others who may have similar setup but experience, instead of my doubts. I would like to hear from those who would be willing to give me a tuneing hand.
My car is heavy but has 274 stg-2, 4L80E, Ford nine, M&A heads, FAST bank box, TDQ large FM, 72 turbo, 84 lb injs, 276 adv-231 @50 roller cam. It should be good for 10s at around 130+ if it can be tuned by someone who actually knows what they are doing. I don't feel very confident in my ability. I would have to label myself as a beginner. I have fooled around with the FAST some but feel like there is alot for me to learn, and a very short time to work it out. There has to be at least a few qualified people that will be there. Hopefully willing to help. I'm not sure how anxious I would be to make the long trip from Lakeville MN, aprox 800 miles, If I was not able to run well. I am not looking for pit help, just some laptop time. With the right help, I may be able to contribute to the Buick effort to even up the score.
Please email me if you are willing to help. ttshea@charter.net or Call me at (952)-892-5669 or (612)-209-9090 cell. I will call you back on my dime.

Hey Tom,

First I hope everything goes well on your recovery :)

Second I would say come on down. Lawrence Conley and Jay Carter will be at the event, 2 of some of the best tuners in the country. Since both will be helping out customers as well as others I'm sure some time could be found to show you some Fel-Pro 101 :) There will also be some others with Fel-Pro (or Speed Pro systems) there who can also help.

This event (at Noble) is really GREAT and is as layed back as I think you could get going to a Buick event.

So come on down, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I hope to see you there!

with a car like that you will get some help. we need all the cars we can get. the stangs out number us in the single digit ets so you would help alot. hope you make the trip.

Re: Thinking about showing up

Originally posted by TomShea
I am thinking of showing up at Noble. I have been recently diagnosed with cancer. I underwent surgery on 7/9/02 and completed Radiation treatment (7 Weeks) on 9/30/02. The Dr. is confident that he got it all. I really could use a good time.
I do have my Limited to bring. It's been a long time in the building. Several years. It should be running. I will be reinstalling the trans/conv. tomorrow Fri. 9/10/02. I will also be hanging a new exhaust system. I think I may be able to stumble thru tuneing it at the track on Friday night for Saturday Race. I do not feel very confident as to my ability to pull this off! It would sure be nice if I had some encouragement from others who may have similar setup but experience, instead of my doubts. I would like to hear from those who would be willing to give me a tuneing hand.
My car is heavy but has 274 stg-2, 4L80E, Ford nine, M&A heads, FAST bank box, TDQ large FM, 72 turbo, 84 lb injs, 276 adv-231 @50 roller cam. It should be good for 10s at around 130+ if it can be tuned by someone who actually knows what they are doing. I don't feel very confident in my ability. I would have to label myself as a beginner. I have fooled around with the FAST some but feel like there is alot for me to learn, and a very short time to work it out. There has to be at least a few qualified people that will be there. Hopefully willing to help. I'm not sure how anxious I would be to make the long trip from Lakeville MN, aprox 800 miles, If I was not able to run well. I am not looking for pit help, just some laptop time. With the right help, I may be able to contribute to the Buick effort to even up the score.
Please email me if you are willing to help. ttshea@charter.net or Call me at (952)-892-5669 or (612)-209-9090 cell. I will call you back on my dime.

Tom

I hope you make it . I dont have any exp with DFI,Felpro ............
but I will help in any way I can as will many ,many others of course,also you race for FREE when you are from out of state
Mark Wallace

Re: Thinking about showing up

Originally posted by TomShea

Yup.. come on down.

rollbar at Noble

I understand that the Noble track guys are cracking down this year on no rollbars for the 11.99 and faster cars. That is why the oky club did not invoke a no sandbagging rule this year as planned. Bad news for the traditional non-sandbaggers. 12.0 or slower in qualifying will be in order if this story holds true. Eliminations will be a whole different story though!! Hope the track will change its mind. I know last year some guys got told to slow it down, but most did not. What that was about I don't have a clue. My point is just be prepared to slow it down at least temporarilly, He He! Looking forward to the event either way.
Fords, just bring it.
Mitch

AAHHHHH....some one deleted that post..he's gonna jinx us. i bet if know one says ne thing....they wont either.

Why Not? Give the Ford's a taste of there own medicine, run 12.0"s all day then crank it up at the end.:D :eek:

BarBQ list

Hey Scott-
How about it. Did you send the list to Kathy. Are we all signed up or do we need to make other dinner plans?
Mitch

Re: BarBQ list

Originally posted by buickboy
Hey Scott-
How about it. Did you send the list to Kathy. Are we all signed up or do we need to make other dinner plans?
Mitch

I sent the list to Kathy so we should be all set to Pig Out :D

See you all there

Neal