Buick Test & Tune Race @ LACR in Calif. 4/29/06

hurstbuick

:biggrin: Hey guys, The date for the race at LACR will be April 29, 2006 Saturday a 1 day only event. We will be racing in our own classes with eliminations and PRIZE $$$$ We would get at lease 4 to 5 qualifing rounds before elimintions if not more qualifing rounds and remember this is a 1/4 mile track. The only requirement I would need is for all to fill out a Pre-registration form with $ 20 deposit to guarantee you will be there for a spot in the event. Remember its a 1 day race only. To do this program and make it work I would need a minimum of 25 cars to Pre-register to guarantee the track and the club it would be worth our time and effort. Please fill out flyer form and fax back to me at 714-772-6201 or email form to me at hurstbuick@aol.com the second way is print out flyer and fill out and mail back with your check to club P.O. Box 8687, Anaheim, CA 92812-0687. Remember I need all in by no later than April 24, 2006 " Hope to see you all at the races"
This race is for both TURBO CARS & GS/GSX V8 CARS

If you have any questions feel free to call the club Hotline at 714-772-6201 Remember the magic number is 25 Cars Minimum.

Don't forget the 14th Annual BUICKS AT BATES NUT FARM CAR SHOW June 4, 2006 for more info go to the Club Web site at http://www.bgnra.org and check out the Flyer on the event and the race at LACR There web site is; lacr.net

Both Flyer will be posted the week of March 6, 2006 on the Club web site so look for them.

Thanks, Steve Hurst, President- BGNRA
hurstbuick@aol.com http://www.bgnra.org
www.lacr.net

Got a question im sure a few others are rattling around in there head :rolleyes: with this run some of us have not yet tracked our cars so we don't know exactly what they will run, my question is what happens if one of us brings a car out that runs high 10's :eek: low 11's :eek: which would automatically require a roll cage of some sort and we don't have that :cool: will that be the end of our day? :confused: I ask as it is a bit of a trip and also the associated costs for just one run would kinda suck, :( though i really want to go im just afraid of running too fast with my car and having an early day. PS my car was the one with the EVIL GN plates at the party. thanks mike.

nailheadpowered said:
Got a question im sure a few others are rattling around in there head :rolleyes: with this run some of us have not yet tracked our cars so we don't know exactly what they will run, my question is what happens if one of us brings a car out that runs high 10's :eek: low 11's :eek: which would automatically require a roll cage of some sort and we don't have that :cool: will that be the end of our day? :confused: I ask as it is a bit of a trip and also the associated costs for just one run would kinda suck, :( though i really want to go im just afraid of running too fast with my car and having an early day. PS my car was the one with the EVIL GN plates at the party. thanks mike.
Mike if your car runs them numbers I suspect that your feelings would not be hurt & Harold's car would Immediately go up for sale LOL

or he would claim a tailwind assisted me, if i do make it i think Ill have harold bring his pink and a bus pass :eek: LOL. then he doesn't need to worry about selling anything. :biggrin: but seriously i would hate to drive all the way there just for one pass when i can go to irwin dale which is closer and get kicked off there if i run that fast, what do think my chances are low 11's high 10's mid 11's? your drove it briefly what do you think?
PS say goodnight to the sheep for me! :cool:

I will be ready for this race.. Anderson stated he was going to start putting together my motor next week and hopefully have it installed back in the car by mid month.. I'm adding a new boost controller and a couple of little things ;) to hopefully get her into the high 9's.. If it doesn't, shes going to be a show car.. i can't get stuck in the 10's any longer..

Getting kicked off! awsome!

That is one of my personal goals. getting kicked off a track for running to fast....man that is a real milestone and would be a framed timeslip.

you can run at irwindale and use a calculation to see how fast you would run in the 1/4
or
get yelled at, tell them it was a fluke , then make more passes and let off the gas around 105mph.

if im lucky, maybe i can get kicked off too!

Drewster said:
That is one of my personal goals. getting kicked off a track for running to fast....man that is a real milestone and would be a framed timeslip.

you can run at irwindale and use a calculation to see how fast you would run in the 1/4
or
get yelled at, tell them it was a fluke , then make more passes and let off the gas around 105mph.

if im lucky, maybe i can get kicked off too!
Thank you for stating the obvious to Mr.Nail head He's worried about something that hasn't as yet happened, I have diagnosed him as having anxiety issues & illusions of grandeur brought on by the constant badgering by Harold. This needs immediate action from our moderator. As to prevent any further psychological damage which could trigger a suicidal episode.

Test & Tune????

I don't want to race anyone(or get eliminated) i just want to get a baseline of what the car can do. As far as i know Fontana isn't open for a while and i just want to get this sucka on the track. So i'm just in it for the testing and tuning portion.

Don't worry Lou if i jump the cars yours, :eek: then you can be irritated with Harolds lack of attention. :biggrin: I will come on out there and peddle the car down the track and see what the bucket of bolts will do.

By the way Harold has no angst on me, he's more like a big two year old who likes to be a pain :rolleyes: but like i said if he wants to run well run but i hope he has cab fair. :cool:

Ssvalleyboy said:
I don't want to race anyone(or get eliminated) i just want to get a baseline of what the car can do. As far as i know Fontana isn't open for a while and i just want to get this sucka on the track. So i'm just in it for the testing and tuning portion.

i'm in the same boat as you.. i want to break- in (hopefully will stay together) my new set up.. No Eliminations for me.. Plus i sleep alot on the chirstmas tree.. I need NOS to spool up more quicker damn it :eek: ..

nailheadpowered said:
Don't worry Lou if i jump the cars yours, :eek: then you can be irritated with Harolds lack of attention. :biggrin: I will come on out there and peddle the car down the track and see what the bucket of bolts will do.

By the way Harold has no angst on me, he's more like a big two year old who likes to be a pain :rolleyes: but like i said if he wants to run well run but i hope he has cab fair. :cool:
I know I just get off listening to the both of you
hardcore racers go at it.Us seniors find the folly's of youthful exuberance. LOL

turbolou said:
Thank you for stating the obvious to Mr.Nail head He's worried about something that hasn't as yet happened, I have diagnosed him as having anxiety issues & illusions of grandeur brought on by the constant badgering by Harold. This needs immediate action from our moderator. As to prevent any further psychological damage which could trigger a suicidal episode.
-------------------------------------
The moderator is doing his best to not overmoderate, and to earn enough money so I can continue supporting Lou so he can keep sendind his illegitimate sheep off to ivy league Yale, or is it Princeton. Dunno. Lou, go tend your u's, or is that ewes?

Here is a Flyer in JPEG

For you race fans, Here is a flyer you can print out and fill out and FAX back to Hot Line @ 714-772-6201 or you can Email it to hurstbuick@aol.comhurstbuick@aol.com

So please fill out as soon as possible and get it back to me
Also LACR web site has us listed as a Event on April 29th Schedule you can check it out at lacr.net

Hope to see alot of you at LACR for this Buick Event.

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA
bgnra.org

Attachments

• APRIL 29 RACE FORM '06 Rev.jpg
    APRIL 29 RACE FORM '06 Rev.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 136
turbolou said:
I know I just get off listening to the both of you
hardcore racers go at it.Us seniors find the folly's of youthful exuberance. LOL

HAHAHHA! Lou u r da man! Perfect ending to an alky filled night; I took my buddy out tonight, his name was Mr. Patron. He's a straight up kinda guy lol, definitly not as funny as Lou seems to be latly. Keep em coming Lou. Fawk im dizzy, definitly can't feel the 3 knee surguries right now :biggrin: Got a big smile on my face tho!

XxDarkSidexX said:
HAHAHHA! Lou u r da man! Perfect ending to an alky filled night; I took my buddy out tonight, his name was Mr. Patron. He's a straight up kinda guy lol, definitly not as funny as Lou seems to be latly. Keep em coming Lou. Fawk im dizzy, definitly can't feel the 3 knee surguries right now :biggrin: Got a big smile on my face tho!
Way to go Dark side! So now you switched to dateing straight kinda guys. I was starting to get a little nervous around you. LOL

Lou had Some Great Runs

Way to go last night Lou

If I remember correctly, you had a 7.87 at about 88 mph as your best run

I lost count after your 4th or 5th run...lol

Unfortunately for me, my night was cut short to just 1 run

My 7.1 at 96 mph (approx. 18 lbs of boost) with a 1.59 60 ft on M/T ET Street Radials (no roll bar / 5 point harness) = please remove your drivers wrist band and report back to Tech....lol

Oh well, if you want to play the game, you gotta follow the rules

Later

Ray

Lol!

SYTECH said:
Way to go last night Lou

My 7.1 at 96 mph (approx. 18 lbs of boost) with a 1.59 60 ft on M/T ET Street Radials (no roll bar / 5 point harness) = please remove your drivers wrist band and report back to Tech....lol

Later

Ray

Hey bud, thats why you need to hit up RaceLegal at Qualcom. I've ran a couple of 7.1 at close to 100 and their like cool, man that thing flys, awesome, ooooh well you get the point :D Hey nice runs BTW, going to Palmdale on the 29 April?

Raymond

SYTECH said:
Way to go last night Lou

Later

Ray
Thanks Ray!
congrats on your cars perf. Your patience finally paid off. I was also pleased with my cars perf. Sorry about the disrespectful
invitation to leave because of the roll bar issue. I made 6 passe's & got a pretty good baseline. My goal is to run a 7.50 in stock form on pump gas & alcohol trying to resist the temptation of going over the deep end with mod's & getting tossed out for going too fast. I built this thing just to go to the market,church on weekends & some senior citizen donut events. I also regret that wicked GN Harold was unable to attend because of a flat tire issue. Yours truly 11's capable Lou!

Chevota said:
How'd you make out last night Lou?

-scott wile
Had a great time! How about you? I was a little busy & didn't get a chance to see you run. Allow me to complement the Perf & quality of your truck. Keep up the good work . Lou