Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Bud he cheated he had two turbo's to your one! Sorry dude. I think we should have pulled one of his spark plugs loose. hahahahahahaha
Well, the Great White Shark did let Quickstop get the jump, and let out at the 1/8th. So, That should count as the Stang having a twin turbo 4 cylinder right? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I loved every bit of it....plans are already made for next year, i will have this thing running mid 10s by then....

Qwik nice run. Blake is right guys, we need to quit crying about losing and go do something about it. I'm going to put a better converter in mine so it will leave better and start looking for a race car chassis so I can run with the fast guys instead of the 10 second crowd. If you want to beat these guys, I suggest the rest of you do the same. The Fords keep getting faster, we cant stay where we are and expect them to roll over and die.

Will, Fox bodies with GN motArs are not allowed. ;)

We've only had about 4,000 additional views on this thread since the Shootout.

Looks like Facebook is replacing this website for information and comments about the event.

Looks like we will need to push the event to the Buick community on Facebook which is not my cup of tea.

I'll ask Charlie to open a sticky for the 2015 Shootout at the beginning of November. Want to see how many views we get on this thread. Had 30,000 last year.
Phil Engle

Last edited:
what's weather like in may? I would rather see the event go to a different date than to go GM vs. Ford. If that's what it would take to get the fast Buicks to come.

Looks like Facebook is replacing this website for information and comments about the event.
Maybe I might have to get a facebook account

Looks like we will need to push the event to the Buick community on Facebook which is not my cup of tea.

I'll ask Charlie to open a sticky for the 2015 Shootout at the beginning of November. Want to see how many views we get on this thread. Had 30,000 last year.
Phil Engle
I'm still here Phil! But yes, it seems like FB is taking over the world.

I said the same thing about facebook to my wife, she went ahead and signed me up anyways. They have a page for Turbobuick.com members on Facebook.

Yeah I know my wife and most of my family is on there but not for me.

I can do a google search and find the page and look at it. It's read only of course.