BUICK vs FORD Shootout Oct 28th!!!

hey, i'm from stillwater, OK... college student with an 87 t-type. i have a pt-54 waiting to bolt on. if i can get hooked up with a 3" dp w/ internal wastegate, some 55 or so lb injectors and chip, and a 3000 stall TC, then i'll DEFINATELY be game. it would be cool to meet some local buick guys too -- and whoop some ford arse of course. If anybody's got a line on the above-mentioned parts, let me know. cheap if possible, but i do have a little money to spend on it.

Daniel
(405)880-0506

John,

If everything is right.. good chip, converter, tires, etc... obviously... Then leaving with absolutely as much boost as you can is the best thing you can do..

Some guys say they leave with 4-8psi and go low 1.5's....maybe so.. but my experience with my car was leaving with everything.. from 12-23psi... whatever I can muster.

I have a transbrake now, so it's a little easier.

John

henschman said:
hey, i'm from stillwater, OK... college student with an 87 t-type. i have a pt-54 waiting to bolt on. if i can get hooked up with a 3" dp w/ internal wastegate, some 55 or so lb injectors and chip, and a 3000 stall TC, then i'll DEFINATELY be game. it would be cool to meet some local buick guys too -- and whoop some ford arse of course. If anybody's got a line on the above-mentioned parts, let me know. cheap if possible, but i do have a little money to spend on it.

Daniel
(405)880-0506

Why dont you just run it the way it is now, stock? Have you taken it to the track yet? GL.
Derek
:cool:

johnplogii said:
We will be at the super 8. Your car must 60ft awful good, what's your secret? I'm hoping to get some pointers in oklahoma to get my 60 foots down.

1.50 60' on the 6.75 run leaving on 10# (fresh brake adjustment)
Most of the time I shoot for 6-8 # (any more my front tires slide)of boost and usally pull 1.52 to 1.57
I only have one pass. side air bag hooks the best around 6-8 #
96,000 stock suspension, just the lowers are welded :biggrin:
No front swaybar either.
M\T drag radials 275/60/15
I ended up booking a room at Ruby's, maybe I will see you at the track I will be there Fri. night and Sat. later Tim

Why dont you just run it the way it is now, stock? Have you taken it to the track yet? GL.
the stock turbo is shot -- the exhaust turbine was hitting the housing! i can't really stick the pt54 on there until i have a DP for it either.

and no, i haven't taken it to the track yet. it would have been pointless with no boost... the car was horribly boggy.

however, i have a few goodies sitting around, got some more on the way, and if i get the things i listed above, i should have a real decent setup. i'd say it could easily be accomplished by the shootout... especially with a little help.

275/60/15
heck after reading your sig. maybe I can get a few pointers from you LOL
I try to look you up in Noble

Tim,

Those are awsome 60ft's for drag radials, I can't 60ft that good on fresh 28 x 10 slicks. That 1.52 is a one time best, I'm usually around 1.55-1.62. My car just wants to spin. I was running around 99-100mph all season untill I decided to change out the precision converter for an art carr nl "n" stall. Gained three mph. I will have a white ford van tow vehicle in OK and of course the rough looking gnx look a like.

John,
I will be in a 2006 GMC 4 door truck 1/2 ton towing a 87 GN with no badges
( long story on the badges) still trying to figure out what to do with this fresh CRAPPY paint job :mad:

what times gate open fridayoct.27th?

does anyone know what times gates will open for friday t&t?
i'm driving over 600 miles to get there wanna try an time it right. :)
looking forward to goining fast with class!
turbo-t
bobby don
(the ole man with the slo buick :biggrin:

how many buicks will be there?

thanks bob:
i'll adjust my travel time to that time.how many buicks usually show for this event?i'm looking forward to running those fords :biggrin:
everyone be careful on the trip and get those bucks tuned :wink:
bobby don
1987 outlaw turbo-t drag radial car
(will be running the slicks :biggrin: & the wing :cool:
i'll be pitting with l.conley & category "6"
1986 gn twin turbo car 8.17 @ 176 mph
mines the slo one :wink:
both are gm dark red in color
see you,all there.

i found deals on all the parts i need -- as long as i can have it tuned by then, you can count me in.

I'm heading down with Matt Gordon and hope to get my car tuned while we're down there. But the only thing i will be in need of is some ET radials or slicks!

That's all i need, just to get her tuned and be ready to rock some fords down.

-Adam

The T-Shirt Graphics are Out!

The Buick v. Ford T-shirts are said to be available in white, black and red. Here is the inside scoop on the graphics that will be on the T-shirts. The T-type is Texas' own TSM racer John Martin. The Buick Opel is of course John Schmidt's. The 88 Mustang in the logo belongs to Ralph Blewett.

Attachments

• black shirt-2.jpg
    black shirt-2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 105
  • red shirt-2.jpg
    red shirt-2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 99
  • white shirt-2.jpg
    white shirt-2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 109
grrr... still waiting on parts in the mail... and i have yet to find a torque converter. i'm thinkin about a 3500 now. i hope i find one in time. that and some tires.

I will be there also. Trying out last years combo. I hope there is not any WHITE trailers driving past my car this year. Could be a BIG problem in the making, he knows who he is.

Buick vs Ford Update Details

From the BvF race director John Nguyen:

**Please forward this message to others as needed**

2006 Ford vs. Buick

Event Information
Updated 10/16/2006 more details to come.

IMPORTANT Friday Night:

Ford vs. Buick Racers are welcome to park RV's and leave vehicles
Friday Night after 8pm, you may not want to get their earlier to
fight exiting racers. (There is a NHRA Div 4 make up race same day)

Test N Tune is TENTATIVE (officially canceled to the public) for
FVB Racers depending on when the NHRA Event is complete. Tech in
Friday night is tentative.

Saturday Schedule:

8:00am Gates Open
8:30am Tech in Begins
9:00am-2:00pm Time Trials Begin (12:00pm break for lunch)
3:00pm Racers Meeting/Awards Presentation
3:30pm Eliminations to Start Immediately Following Racers Meeting

Contact Info: John Nguyen (817) 706-8658 or Kathy Emberton (405)
745-4901