Cal Hartline 87 GN (GMHTP mag)

steveX

Banned
Did you guy see the march 2004 issue of GM High-Tech Performance magazine? It feature this black 87 GN running 8.57@159mph WOW.

GMHTP:"I believe the car is currently the fastest stock-suspension GN in the country"

i love the way this car look and perform. i notice he have the GN1-R heads , which is the same has mine. i don`t know if flow number are different, but men i really want a stage II 4.1 motor. all i am asking for is low 10`s high 9`s at the track and keep the car all street running low to mid 11`s.

Nice work Cal Hardline.

Wow Rick Jensen (the current editor of GMHTP) is really takin' care of business with us Turbo Buick folk by actually doing features on our cars.... Having seen Cal's car run at the track several times I must say it is a very badass ride and very clean lookin' as well:) :cool:

YES!

I loved the article and the *ahhaem* "street race" Story with the mustang having to put a sticker "Mustangs Suck & GN's Rule" on the back of his car for 2 months after getting spanked twice.
Seeing that there's a few Ford guys at work I just happend to let them take a look at it. :D
Great Car and story!

i can`t wait to have my car set up like cal. we have a local race club here in NY call "small block possie" and they alway put some big $$ on street race. so i am doing a stage package built up right now. i love the face that cal car looks all street but the ET makes me ....:eek: ... some time i will run the import guys with the supercharge front wheel drive T-type. i alway win, but i can never pull this off with the V8 nitrous/supercharge guys. so i figure i will stick with the buicks and get a turbo regal.

Wow!! Thanks everyone. I want it to be known that Tony Gomes has since gone faster than me with a stock suspension (except he has coil overs). His car probably deserves to be in the magazine more than mine does.

We are very fortunate in the Buick world to have Rick Jensen as the editor. He's a great guy who still loves these 17+ year old "granny cars"!

Thanks again!

Cal,

I really enjoyed the article on your car.
What are you building now or are you going
to be tunning and wreching only???

Good luck with what ever you decide!