car is running better

pisano

car is running way better now that i put a gasket on the egr. the leaks gone now and drives great but at idle im getting a little surge rpm will go to like 700 car will shake a bit then go back up to like 950-1000 then will run smooth at like 850-900 for a couple seconds, im still using the 84/85 maf but have 86/87 ecm. could that be why

ive read to keep using it and ive read to switch to 86/87, i think im gonna just get lt1 maf but i dont wanna do it for nothing either

ive read to keep using it and ive read to switch to 86/87, i think im gonna just get lt1 maf but i dont wanna do it for nothing either[/quote

I smell another leak before the 02 sensor. The 84/85 MAF will cause a rich condition. The rpm change indicates the chip adding and subtracting fuel. What is your BLM at idle warmed up in park? Brad

Yes you need the 86/87 maf if you have the upgraded ecm. You can go ahead and upgrade to the LT1 maf and translator. Thats what I did and I love it compared to the stock maf.

also my cross counts move up by like 2-8 at a time and the instructions say it should be 10-20

another thing i noticed it doesnt do it in drive while at a red light or something but if i throw it in park at like a gas station and try to let it idle there for a while it will shake a bit every 10-15 seconds maybe i need to turn my iac up its at 0-10 most of the time in park so il try 10-20, seemed to like it at 0-10 at first but wont hurt to try, and il try to find any leak i can today

ok the egr was leaking a little bit still so i removed it completey, made my own block off, and put a pipe plug in the back of the intake, the rpm is pretty steady now but runs alot better without the maf plugged in, i think i need the new maf

heres a video of it running, usually as soon as i disconnect maf it runs smoother this time i had to give it gas after i disconnect

=

i used to have a monte that leaked alot of oil so thats why i got dirty drive way

heres a video of it running, usually as soon as i disconnect maf it runs smoother this time i had to give it gas after i disconnect

=

i used to have a monte that leaked alot of oil so thats why i got dirty drive way
Sounds good. You are making progress. You have a code 34-MAF signal too low-Bad or unplugged MAF. Was your MAF disconnected?Brad

it was connected at first and then i disconnected, never used to show that signal unless i disconnected it, would it be i have to reset the ecm to clear that code or maybe it finally started throwing the code. i think i might just get a translater and lt1 maf.

translater is freakin expensive