Car wont start

89SandBagger

Having some problems with the car not starting..Scenario, I left to pick up some food, car was running perfectly. I come home to eat, and planed on leaving 30 minutes later. I go out to the car, turn the key, Nothing.. No clicking from the starter, battery is good, also tried jumping it, and still nothing. All accesserys work, no start. If anyone has had this problem help! Car is sitting in 2 inches of snow now!:(

starter relay ...located by your left foot behind the panel.... I "jump" it an leave it like that

oh didnt see who it was....fun in snow isnt it:D

I had the same problem when my car got hot it wouldnt start. New starter fixed it 18 or 19 bucks at autozone.:D

Ok guys, it was the relay behind the driver kickpanel. Now, can i locate this part at a autopart store? I "jumped" it I guess, I disconected the relay itself and ran a small 12? gauge wire to the 2 bigger wires, my question is, what is the use of the 2 smaller wires an do they need to be connected to anything? As of now the smaller of the 2 are not connected to anything, and the car starts/runs fine. Thanks.

Your VATS controls that relay. If the relay or vats has a problem its the relay.

If it does it only when hot for example..its the starter.

As far as your relay question, to wires energize the relay, the other two transfer power. Jumping the relay on the larger wires bypasses the relay.

Ok, any harm in leaving those 2 wires 'jumped'? Your talking to a newbie here, pretend I dont know anything :cool:

Sounds like the only problem with leaving those wires jumped,would be that the Vats system would be bypassed also.Is this correct?:confused:

The little itty bitty chip built into your ignition key(chip) that prevents anyone from stealing the car.

My car "had" a similar situation..whereas I drove it until it got really hot..would stop somewhere, go to restart and nothing..I would pour water down the back of the motor behind the pass VC and one minute latter..started rite up..heat soak starter.

Starter is only 15 years old..:D