Carlsbad on Saturday 7/31

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
This appears to be a possible date for a group of AZ races to visit the "cool" CA. climate for the final visit to Carlsbad. If anyone from that area like Ray or Neal can confirm this is a good date for the track, we can then make further plans.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing many familiar faces there!:)

Hi Nick

This was taken from Carlsbad Drags web site, and I'm sure they will be open on that day unless they get rained out. Also there is a phone number in which you can call to make sure, as time nears. Also I will be checking out some hotels for you, and will get back to you on them.

Street Drags & Test n Tune EVERY SATURDAY
Gates open at 11:00 A.M.
We race from 4 to 6 hours, depending on car count
General addmission-$15 Race entry-$10
General info and directions:(760) 727-1171
Drag Strip info:(760) 480-8369
Track lease info:(760) 727-4390

Ray

:) Guys lets get the word out for the 31st! I plan on having my car up and running next weekend and will make it to the track if everything goes well. My main man Ray will be there for sure. Nick and some of the AZ crew are planning on comming also. :cool: I'd like to see the stage II guys Jeff, Reggie, and Neal show up also. So lets send off Carlsbad with a strong Buick showing!

Not sure how many AZ guys [and a few gals!] plan to make the trip to Carlsbad on 7/31, may be down to 5 or 6? Schedule is to leave Friday afternoon and head back Sunday AM. Short visit, but a fun, and cool, one!

Plan to bring my car with the TA engine and maybe get in a few tuning runs. Will try it here at a local track this Friday night, but with 100 deg. temps [like now at 10:00 PM], it will only be a couple trial runs.

Main thing is to get out of the desert for a couple days and spend some "quality time" with lots of Buick people, new faces as well as familiar ones!:)

Originally posted by waell
:) Guys lets get the word out for the 31st! I plan on having my car up and running next weekend and will make it to the track if everything goes well. My main man Ray will be there for sure. Nick and some of the AZ crew are planning on comming also. :cool: I'd like to see the stage II guys Jeff, Reggie, and Neal show up also. So lets send off Carlsbad with a strong Buick showing!

I second that AL, I sure want to see a strong showing as well. On T6P.com the word is getting around too. Scott Wile is planning on making it there far as I hear, and ohhhh Nick, he want's a rematch:eek:
In all fellas, it should be a really swell time, so let's make this happen:cool:

"Time to have some fun, til mamma takes the Turbo Buick away"

Carlsbad July 31, 2004

So far there's at least four of us for sure, maybe more. Nick will have his T/A motor ready to go in his white race car and D!ck Kereny will have his TSM car there. D!ck came real close to winning TSM class at BG this year and should make a real decent showing out there.

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Count me in! Look forward to seeing the parboiled crowd. :D

Are you going to give us a treat and run that stage II down the track for us!

Nick, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to get my act together and run the car. But I'll be there either way. Look forward to seeing you.

Guy's,

I'm in too. I haven't decided to run or not since Carlsbad is such a top notch facility. ;) I might try to throw down a couple of passes before they bulldoze the place. One way or another I'll be there. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. Last year was a good time. :)

See Ya then

Neal

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Guy's,

I'm in too. I haven't decided to run or not since Carlsbad is such a top notch facility. ;) I might try to throw down a couple of passes before they bulldoze the place. One way or another I'll be there. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. Last year was a good time. :)

See Ya then

Neal

Neal, is that track safe or what? Nick and D!ck Kereny are capable of some pretty fast times and it would be good to know before we drive for seven hours to get there.

Jack,

Carlsbad is no better or worse than when you guys were here last time. Typically the track prep is pretty much non-existant. The last time I was there about 3 months ago the traction was so poor I left decided to leave early rather than beating my head on the wall. Personally I don't race there very often just for that reason. I figured I'd come out to meet up with all the guys and it should be fun anyway.

Neal

Traction was not too bad last year. Anyone looking for good 60' times might as well just spectate!:) My "killer" transbrake launch netted me a 3.0 60' time when the car sat at the line spinning its tires.

Since there is no scoreboard, I can claim any times.:D

The car and I will be there, and doing our damndest to get down the so-called track in a big hurry.:cool:

This is looking like there will be a good turnout so far.

I know I am going. Dont know about Dad and his car.

Will know in a day or two on that .

I'll be there.

My office is about 2 miles from the front gate, temps have been 80-82 during the middle of the day, all week so far. Should be
a nice change for everyone coming from Az. Plus I think last year
we did this it was really humid that Sat.

yo reggie, sorrie i lagged on those video AGAIN but i will have them for u on a cd and will bring them to this meet.

i have a big load of problems, some of which many of u know lol, so i havn't had a chance to just sit n edit videos all day like b4.

but im very glad someone is setting this up and man i can't WAIT to see u guys there.

Hopfully u guys will leave the politics at home n just come out to have fun. SEE U THERE!

Originally posted by XxDarkSidexX
yo reggie, sorrie i lagged on those video AGAIN but i will have them for u on a cd and will bring them to this meet.

i have a big load of problems, some of which many of u know lol, so i havn't had a chance to just sit n edit videos all day like b4.

but im very glad someone is setting this up and man i can't WAIT to see u guys there.

Hopfully u guys will leave the politics at home n just come out to have fun. SEE U THERE!

Could you also burn a cd for me? I was hoping to see the passes I made when last time we were at Carlsbad.
Thanks,
Jeff Rand

Originally posted by Nick Micale
.....................................The car and I will be there, and doing our damndest to get down the so-called track .....:cool:

Sorry to report, the TA motor will not be coming. We were tuning last night at the track and had it running smooth to over 6000 RPM. It definately was developing lots of power as it "fried" the trans.:(

Before the installing TA motor, I was running a worked TH 350 to determine if it would be quicker, and still be reliable. At this point, it is not up to the task, especially with the power of the TA motor.

Not enough time to put the TH 400 back in, so will have the stage II street GN instead.

Will look forward to seeing all on Saturday!:)