CAT rods

I'm sorry man!:biggrin::biggrin: lol, I'm pretty good at breaking my own bank account too. Well you know how it goes, it's too easy to get carried away with this stuff but I just hate doing stuff twice. You end up spending more money in the end....been there done that. I think I did alright with my projected budget, I saved some money here and there without cutting corners, if you know what i mean.

You are correct. It is better to do it right the first time around then going back and redoing over and over. Plus I do not really like pulling and installing engines.:D

ARP makes the bolts, they are stamped ARP right on them as well. Cat is switching over to all ARP fasteners. The rods have been great so for look exactly like the K1 side by side. I cannot verify if the forging is the same, no one will verify that. The K1 uses the ARP 2000 bolt, the Cat uses the standard ARP bolt. For a stock type (under 600HP) rebuild you cannot beat the Cat rod, it is far stronger than a stock rod. You cannot resize the stock units plus add ARP bolts for the price of the Cat. The K1 is IMO a much nicer rod finish wise and has proven itself in some very high HP combos already. Ask Dan at DLS
Mike

The Cat rod may look similar to the K1 rod but I can assure you they are not machined by the same machine shop or made from the same forging. Also, all K1 rods are designed and built to K1 Technologies specs, finished here in Michigan and backed by over 26 years of rod design experience. Most of the other budget priced rods are knock off copies of some other rod and may even be a knock off copy of some other knock off.

We've used CAT rods in an engine we built last summer. They are less cash than the K1s and the only thing that was needed for them was the bearing had to be chamfered. I have a pic in my link with the CAT rod next to a K1. The K1s were easier cause they didn't need the bearings modded. Not sure if that has been addressed with the CATs yet but I will def use them again.

Also, the bearing mod for the CAT rods was to fit a CAT crank, not the stocker. The K1s didn't need any bearing mods for the CAT crank......The engines we've machined/assembled......