CD Players for TTA's

MrMNTTA

Looking for 11.0's
Hi everyone.........I'm just curious, I thought I heard somewhere that there is a GM stereo out there that is compatible with the steering wheel controls for our TTA's.........is this true? If so, which vehicle did it come out of and where would be the best place to find one?

Thanks for any help!

J.

I would like someone to make a list of Cd players that are compatable with the steering controls also.

Cd 4 Tta

I would imagine that this is a standard option for the GTA's for all the Gen III years. But I don't know if there is a CD version of it.

What has everyone been replacing this stock player with, anyway ? Does any aftermarket player outfit have a CD system that fits these sets with the steering wheel controls ?

Sorry to not answer your question. I'm looking to replace mine also.

Cd 4 Tta

I would imagine that these are a stock option on all 3rd Gen GTA's. Maybe this could be posted on a 3rd Gen site also. Don't know if there ever was a CD version from GM.

I'm sure a few 3rd gen guys must have replaced their stereos by now. I wonder if there are any aftermarket CD sets for these steering wheel controls ? Sorry to not answer your question. I am looking to replace also.

This topic has been debated for years. However, no true solution has been made.

However, you can get an aftermarket and a PAC controller (sold at most car audio suppliers) that will make the steering controls functional.

I don't drive my TTA enough to care about having a CD player. I just use my white snake cassette and rock my socks off. J/K :D

To date there is NO stock GM CD radio that will work with the TTA steering wheel controls. You can put any GM CD radio in there but you will not have control over it via steering wheel. :frown:

There was an adapter available at Best Buys.. and you could use your steering wheel control to operate infrared functions. Like install a Pioneer head unit with remote control.. the program the PAC unit to emit the operations.

I cant remember the company who made these.. but they were like 80 bucks. Plus the CD

There was a CD radio available in the TTA. Back in 90 I had one. The steering wheel controls didn't operate any of the CD stuff just radio.

Steve K.

CD in TTA

I kind of recall a paragraph or two about this subject in the 89tta.com website, which has been down for a while. I believe it stated that a Pontiac CD did exist that was compatible with the steering wheel controls. It listed the name and number of a contact at Delco who was a whiz at this.

fwiw, In 1990, the both FBodies got an airbag steering wheel and the Firebirds lost their steering wheel control option. CD players were a rarer option before that in any car around that time too.

I kind of recall a paragraph or two about this subject in the 89tta.com website, which has been down for a while. I believe it stated that a Pontiac CD did exist that was compatible with the steering wheel controls. It listed the name and number of a contact at Delco who was a whiz at this.

that is correct - the name and number post there were outdated.... but i did track down one of the guys that refurbs stereos... there is one model that fits and works with the controls. i dont' have the info here at work... not sure where it is at home anymore but i'll look.

the guy didn't have any of those cd players at the time - he said they were very hard to come by. i'll see if i can dig that stuff up....

that is correct - the name and number post there were outdated.... but i did track down one of the guys that refurbs stereos... there is one model that fits and works with the controls. i dont' have the info here at work... not sure where it is at home anymore but i'll look.

the guy didn't have any of those cd players at the time - he said they were very hard to come by. i'll see if i can dig that stuff up....

This is what I've always believed as well. Any help would be much appreciated!