Chances of passing with no EGR?

Why did you turn down the fuel pressure? You realize that turning down the fuel pressure just causes the BLM to increase to negate the fuel pressure adjustment and get the A/F ratio back to stoichiometric.

Dave

Yes you are right!!! At the time I was thinking that turning it down would help it run leaner and help my cause. Even more reason to put "guarenteed to pass" in again this spring when it will need checked...

I tried no EGR once and passed by a slim margin, 908 parts out of an allowable 920.

Here in CT.

It was with the Extender chip with no EGR in it, since then I made a pulser PWM circuit which simulates 10-100% EGR (adjustable) over .50 TPS.

Car still has all the hoses and valve and stock heads obviously.

Runs about 100-150 parts with the EGR.

Other car I have run an old modern musclecar street 93 chip that still had EGR pulsing in it. :p

Same here , I had a rough time getting it to pass.

My advice is to move to a state w/o smog testing. Soon to be everywhere? He He Thanks to Jesse V all this crap is over for MN. My GN passed better than a newer car of mine and did it w/o running on the rollers. I'd go with the EGR blocked heads and intake and just bolt on the EGR for looks. Here we can now get collector plates and that did qualify w/o testing before it was discontinued. My. .02$ Gene

I have a different situation. I used the TT emission chip but left the pressure a little high (I know, I know). I have a new cat but this was the first time the EGR was activated via the emissions chip. The car bombed the N0x numbers...actually more than double the amount allowed. I'm thinking that it was totally gummed shut...I'm going to try and mess with it but I might just unplug it, turn down the pressure, and dump 2 bottles of heet in the tank.

No Egr

just took the car through testing, NO EGR, tt emissions chip and functioning Cat

TEST/MAX ALLOWABLE/ READING

HC ppm 199 19
CO % 1.33 .01
NOX ppm 1965 196