Changeing 3 bvolt turbo to 4 bolt

Hognose

As the title says I was weondering if this is something feasable. I want to upgrade my Turbo one day and was curious that if I give mine to my buddy who has a Typhoon get it switched resonably cost wise to fit his truck.

Thanks

Here's the deal with Buick turbo vs Sy-Tys.
The Buick obviously uses the 3 bolt T3 series turbo. The Syclone and Typhoon used a Mitsubishi turbo. The inlet flange and the downpipe flange on the Sy/Tys are completely different and non compatible between any Garrett based turbos.
PTE used to sell a Turbo & Downpipe kit, but the stock downpipe would not bolt up to the Precision style housing. Now, depending on what turbine wheel and what turbo you have on your Buick now, you might be able to purchase just a turbine housing from Precision, but you would have to fabricate a new downpipe on his truck from scratch and to my knowledge, no one currently offers a flange setup to facilitate fabrication. In other words, it's a loose loose situation trying to retrofit a Garrett turbo onto a Syclone/Typhoon with stock headers and stock downpipe. You could however change the headers and or header flange and make a new downpipe.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Patrick

Patrick,
Thanks, Yeah I have a TE-60. That stinks, I figured it woould be a little easier. Oh well, sucks to be him then! LOL

Thanks,
Matthew