Check it out! New hood pads

[quote="GNBRETT,]looks good but originals have 9 holes not 8.[/quote]

already been mentioned in 5 other posts......:rolleyes:

Great looking hood pad! I'm surprised there is so much negativity. What are you all looking for? Most of our cars are highly modded and people are worrying whether the (OEM) replacement pad has 8 or 9 holes? Unless your car is 100% stock original get real and quit nitpicking the poor guy.

I hope something can be worked out that they can be sold on here. Mine is in pretty good shape but showing its age. I'll be first in line to order one of these when all gets settled.

Great looking hood pad! I'm surprised there is so much negativity. What are you all looking for? Most of our cars are highly modded and people are worrying whether the (OEM) replacement pad has 8 or 9 holes? Unless your car is 100% stock original get real and quit nitpicking the poor guy.

I hope something can be worked out that they can be sold on here. Mine is in pretty good shape but showing its age. I'll be first in line to order one of these when all gets settled.

x2

I am interested..

I even got some foam pads from mcmasters to reproduce them.

But if you have them made, I am in

Dont care about fonts or holes... I just want my hood paint to remain nice!

I got an email from Highwaystars today that they are back up and running. Give them a call!

Also, is there really any differences between the 8 and 9 hole pad, besides the obvious 1 hole difference? Who in their right mine is going to go up to a car that looks sweet, then start shaking their head in disgust because they only counted 8 holes? What the heck is the difference? It seems to me it would only apply to <1%...the elite purist.

Also, is there really any differences between the 8 and 9 hole pad, besides the obvious 1 hole difference?

There is a difference between the two.

There is a indentation where the ninth hole is that may or may not be able to be reproduced on the eight hole pad.

Other than that they are identical as far as I can see.

What difference in function does that extra hole gives?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

9 holes havnt been available for more than 20 years if I had to guess and 8 holes about 10 years.

You cannot reproduce the 9th hole on the 8 hole pad because of the process of layering the pad. Adhesive is applied to the back of the front then the fiber, then it is put into a mold and pressed with heat.

Why they made two seperate molds, 8 and 9 hole? Idk. But as far as functionality goes, it's like putting you're bumper strip on with only 12 of the 13 speed nuts. Negligible

So - to my aged eyes - it appears that the new "Power6" logo has been put on a diet and grown a bit.
i.e. It's a little skinnier and less rotund than the original.

Fixed. Here's the new side by side.

Still no calls back from anyone as far as vending goes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 222
Price still high, IMO.
Does anyone have tried the ones made out of rubber?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There was a guy selling them on ebay with some sort of rubber. Buick made him stop with the logos though, and he got sick so production stopped for a while.

There was a guy selling them on ebay with some sort of rubber. Buick made him stop with the logos though, and he got sick so production stopped for a while.
yes I have one of those the big down fall was they had to be glued to the underside of hood didn't have the hard backing like the original to do it right you would have to remove your hood and flip it upside down to glue I didn't like the way it outlined the ribs under the hood ,but would be better then nothing