Clever ways to stiffen body and frame?

I think a 5 point with a harness bar and better seats is far superior than the factory 3 points with factory seats if anything were to happen. Yes, a 6 or 10 point bar/cage is best for a track car. I run sway bars front and rear and my car handles well for a street car that sometimes sees the track. Here's why I replaced my belts with 3 inch 5 points, a harness bar and proper seats. FWIW, I'm researching a fire supression system as my next mod before another converter and trans for my street car.

73.JPG

I think that "mnwe4" is just looking for more street car type bracing and strengthening at this point,but,If his engine program pans out he may look for something more race oriented as getting kicked out for sub 11.49 kinda sucks and I think he well be there(or at least should be).

I noticed a much stiffer feeling with a simple bolt in drive shaft loop(maybe due to tying the floor borads together just a little bit???

Also I noticed a big difference to the trunk bracing that kirban sells( the two X shaped ones) on my previous GN as that seems to tighten up the body in the rear a bit...both parts add safety and strength and are not too intrusive...I have a 6 point cage in my car and still might add the rear braces or better yet the weld in gnx one I have seen around...The cage has done a lot for my chassis/frame but nothing for my body flex:(
-Dan

Thanks Dan, you are absolutely correct in that this IS a street car. I'm pretty confident that I don't have the desire to go as fast as you and Kevin want to. There are no plans to ever put a cage or a t-brake on this car. I want to make a couple high 10 sec passes and after that dial it back and run the 11.50 index class the 2-3 times we go to the track each year. If I get kicked out a few times that's fine. I would like to stiffen up the body/frame so I don't twist the car up again after I'm spending a lot of money getting everything straightened out. Lead seams were popped and rear quarters were buckled according to the body guy. I do have the Kirban X-braces, the front "V" bars from the k-member to frame rails, and a drive shaft loop. Was hoping to learn some other tricks people have used.

In addition, I appreciate all suggestions and opinions that board members have submitted. While stuff like the bolt in cross bar may not pertain to what I want to do, it gives others ideas. That's what this forum is all about. Let's keep the discussion going.