Compressor wheel upgrade

larrym

West Coast Newfy
I have 60 series turbonetics 61/65 f1 turbine.
I would like to go to a 63 or 64 mm compressor. I talked to turbonetics to see if they would upgrade to their new billet 64 wheel. Was basically told to by a new turbo....
There is a shop that is near me that will machine the housing and backing plate but they can't buy the wheel. They do this all the time on Desiel apps any suggestions?

Contact Bison ....He can take care of it if it can be done.

Bryan

I talked to turbonetics to see if they would upgrade to their new billet 64 wheel. Was basically told to by a new turbo....
the hpc 64 billet comp wheel is a night and day difference over the 61 and I believe you have to be a dealer as its their own wheel.if you really want the 64hpc sell the 61.

To be honest I like the way this Turbo has performed just looking for a little more.
With the way the Canadian dollar sits right now it's hard to purchase brand new.

If you arent pushing the current compressor to its limits, you will see no gains. Contact Bison, he will set you up if there is anything to gain.

I'm searching for high to mid 10s I know there is more left in what I have just looking ahead

Correct me if I'm wrong but that compressor is a gt35r variant correct? What is the power rating and what compressor cover is on it? The turbine is good to 9sec power on a v6.

Also summit racing is a turbonetics dealer if you can get the part number for the compressor youre after. Personally I'd go with bison also.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that compressor is a gt35r variant correct? What is the power rating and what compressor cover is on it? The turbine is good to 9sec power on a v6.

Also summit racing is a turbonetics dealer if you can get the part number for the compressor youre after. Personally I'd go with bison also.
I was informed its 90+lbs/min, and I can say it spools as quick as a 6265 on my set up.. But I have not pushed it tho due to fuel issues..

I was informed its 90+lbs/min, and I can say it spools as quick as a 6265 on my set up.. But I have not pushed it tho due to fuel issues..
I was talking about the 61mm turbo and it being a gt35 variant. But that is awesome that hpc 64mm turbo will flow over 900hp worth of air and spools like a 62. I've heard a lot of good about the billet 64mm turbo's out there. It really bridges the gap between the 62 and 67.

I'm not sure what wheel I have it's not the new billet one what ever the previous version was.

Last edited:
Most likely you have the F1 HP. Your turbo is rated for 680. High 10 sec.

I just purchased a 5931...plan to go high 10s [emoji6]

So with a converter and tuning dropping 3 tenths to get it into the 10s is a realistic goal
I have ported heads with bigger valves and a 206/212 cam. Had the boost up around 27 psi all I had balls for 11.36 at 117 mph with a 28" tire. Not sure of the rpm but it was up there.

Timing was at 21 degrees WB correction was set at 10.8 as for the 1/8 mph the slip is pretty basic we race at the airport so they do t record as much

Yeah me too time to consider a better converter and tune it. It's a challenge I only get 6 passes a year but I live for them :)

Post up some logs. 90lbs/min with a 64mm inducer on one of these isn't anywhere near typical. Even 80lbs/min is rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I like the way this Turbo has performed just looking for a little more.
With the way the Canadian dollar sits right now it's hard to purchase brand new.
I personally wouldn't change the combo around without looking at the full slip,60ft, shift rpm,1/8 to 1/4 gains,and finally not till ive have used everything that turbo had:)