Compressor wheel upgrade

I really would like to understand how the lager housing helps is just the benefit of less back pressure that helps the motor move more air? I could live with a little less spool from a roll it's almost instant spool now if you nail it.
it doesn't always help,bigger is not always better and that is one of the quickest ways to slow the car down.there is a lot that is misunderstood about ex housing size.the car will run better with the right amount of backpressure not the least.

A TRUE(.63 ) Garrett or Tnetics is a 400-500hp a/r exhaust housing unless it's the bigger PTE .63 (which is largest out of the .63 advertised housings)
I have seen a tnetics .63 run 9 sec ets at over 135mph in a buick.

I have seen a tnetics .63 run 9 sec ets at over 135mph in a buick.

Yeah with the 7065 w/Tnetics .63
That 1980 tech... Cylinder pressures were prolly through the roof.

Most fine the PTE .63 to be the best compromise between .63,.82

Most fine the PTE .63 to be the best compromise between .63,.82
the tnetics .82 is big and will slow things if the combo isn't there.i have used all of them on the 64mm billet wheel.the pte .63 is a good ex housing as well,they are all 9 sec capable on the right combos.

I agree the .82 is too big. It's a better fit for a 6465.

You will get a lot more out of the 64mm compressor with the .82

64mm is too big for 90% of us.

it doesn't always help,bigger is not always better and that is one of the quickest ways to slow the car down.there is a lot that is misunderstood about ex housing size.the car will run better with the right amount of backpressure not the least.

Agreed

Sounds like you are pushing the 64mm. Sounds like you have a fast and fun whip over there.lol.

I dynoed a car a couple weeks ago. It had a 64mm inducer with the 65mm turbine. It stalled shy of 75lbs/min. It didn't have a big compressor cover and had the smaller 65mm turbine. I'd expect it to need more compressor cover and more turbine with a t4 foot to come close to 90lb/min. Not even close with the small diffuser cover and 65mm turbine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dynoed a car a couple weeks ago. It had a 64mm inducer with the 65mm turbine. It stalled shy of 75lbs/min. It didn't have a big compressor cover and had the smaller 65mm turbine. I'd expect it to need more compressor cover and more turbine with a t4 foot to come close to 90lb/min. Not even close with the small diffuser cover and 65mm turbine.
how much boost did it make?

how much boost did it make?
We were at 70-75lbs/min at 27-28psi at the intake as read on a GM 3 bar MAP. They aren't known for accuracy. I don't have the hot boost pressure or temp either. We picked up 15whp going up to 30psi at the manifold. We werent out of intercooler or engine. Only thing I can come up with is it was hitting backpressure even though I can't confirm without the data. Pretty much where every 65mm turbine small comp cover turbo dies off. So no big surprise there. Still solid 9 sec power in a 3600lb car with good suspension. With more turbine, compressor cover, and t4 flange I'm sure it would continue making power but not on that unit

We were at 70-75lbs/min at 27-28psi at the intake as read on a GM 3 bar MAP. They aren't known for accuracy. I don't have the hot boost pressure or temp either. We picked up 15whp going up to 30psi at the manifold. We werent out of intercooler or engine. Only thing I can come up with is it was hitting backpressure even though I can't confirm without the data. Pretty much where every 65mm turbine small comp cover turbo dies off. So no big surprise there. Still solid 9 sec power in a 3600lb car with good suspension.
interesting observation,brian the only thing I can say on an open forum is I was able to generate more boost/and use more fuel.

interesting observation,brian the only thing I can say on an open forum is I was able to generate more boost/and use more fuel.
We had no problem making more boost but it wasn't making more power so we stopped. Car would be running 9.80-9.85 @136-137 (maybe 1mph and a a little less than a tenth better at sea level) the way it left the dyno that day if the suspension was right. I don't know of anyone who has run faster than 9.60 or been over 142mph with a 65mm or smaller turbine in a full weight 3600+lb car. It could be done but just haven't seen it. 90lbs/minute would move this car to 147-148mph. There is no way in hell that would be happening. Even 80lbs/min would be a tough one with less than perfect air even if the engine was built around exhaust restriction.