concept grand national

wannabegnttype

i heard from a GM engineer that GM built a new concept Grand national with twin turbos. also i heard from a friend of mine that he saw some videos on the internet of it. i was wondering if anyone could point me to those videos becouse i really want to take a look at it. thanks

I'm skeptical of it....and dang! my torrent lost it's seeders w/ 15 mins left!

You mean the GTO-GN? Skeptical as well. If GM did this, I fear it would be a HUGE step backwards.

My dream is that they re-release the G-body (80's) with an updated interior. The powerplant would be the same...since it really has not been trumped by anything. SFI you say....Buick did it. Now they all have it.

Maybe a DOHC version of the 109 with 4V. That would be neat. Ball bearing turbo and a front mount.

If they do something like they did with the GTO, then I think our values would plummet.

This is what Pop Hotrodding thinks it should be.....see what I mean.

"Our '08 Buick GNX can be the first step toward bringing Buick back to its former glory, or at least make Buick a sustainable part of a combined Buick-Pontiac-GMC product channel. We've based it on the new Zeta platform, giving it a fully independent four-wheel suspension, rear-wheel drive, a six-speed automatic transmission, and a 400hp LS2. It could be built on the same Holden assembly line that currently builds the GTO; with a slightly more upscale trim than the GTO it would cost about $1,500 more."

Here's the one that started it all.....Twin turbo DOHC V6

Attachments

• 02BE92986A0A4565AC1EFC923A0FD2AA.jpg
    02BE92986A0A4565AC1EFC923A0FD2AA.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 3,460
but whats up with the hood bulge? looks like something you can pick up at walmart for $7.

Wow, now that actually has cues from the g-body buick, as opposed from all the other concept cars, just look at the grill and headlights. A lot then a badged GTO!!!!

NOT AGAIN!!! :mad:

Wish I had a dollar for every one of these "concept grand national/GNX" threads that keep popping up. :rolleyes:

I found this online, supposedly the next GNX.

gnxx2inif1.jpg

It looks pretty good. :cool:

Looks like a new caddy/96ish Impreza....if it doesnt have the turbos, I don't want GM to build it no matter how cool or wild it looks! That's taking away what the GN is -I don't think they will do it...look at how bad the GTO did and the GN is just as fresh on our minds as the GTO and Camaro, but nobody wants the 80's box, so they can't do another stupid retro-remember-when-we-did-it-right?-look-this-one-looks-a-lot-like-it!-car that everyone has been doing lately...grow a backbone you stupid designers and design something yourself!

This comment was perfect from that thread. :biggrin:

Im lost you people hate a v6 in a stang, and modding them even worse but a V8 GN is unaceptable

I like the "only 10 GNXs" comment, that's pretty good. The one chop with the two door looking CTS-V looks kinda badass I think, except for the hood as people have mentioned. Something along those lines could be cool though, and just what Buick needs!!

NOT AGAIN!!! :mad:

Wish I had a dollar for every one of these "concept grand national/GNX" threads that keep popping up. :rolleyes:

Same here.

Okay now for something completly different. Here's a pic of a legit GM concept car that was released last week. They are calling this a Riviera. This particular one was built in China. Buicks are big time in China. I guess if you cant sell them here you go to where they will. This is as close as you are ever going to get to a performance car from GM thats wears the Buick nameplate. No more photochop wet dreams. No idea what this one has for a motor. I bet if this does go into production it will have normal doors instead of the gullwings. Sooner or later we will be seeing China built cars coming over here. Just like the GTO being imported from Oz its going to happen. Who cares were t is built(well I do but I cant do anything about it). I want to go fast and look good doing it.

Attachments

• Riv Proto.jpg
    Riv Proto.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,496
Same here.

Okay now for something completly different. Here's a pic of a legit GM concept car that was released last week. They are calling this a Riviera. This particular one was built in China. Buicks are big time in China. I guess if you cant sell them here you go to where they will. This is as close as you are ever going to get to a performance car from GM thats wears the Buick nameplate. No more photochop wet dreams. No idea what this one has for a motor. I bet if this does go into production it will have normal doors instead of the gullwings. Sooner or later we will be seeing China built cars coming over here. Just like the GTO being imported from Oz its going to happen. Who cares were t is built(well I do but I cant do anything about it). I want to go fast and look good doing it.

That door is HUGE! :eek: If that thing went into production like that I bet GM would be getting sued left and right for a door that size "falling on people". :eek: