Considering Dry Sump!

I seriously DOUBT that you ever had a 8 second 109 OR that you will EVER go in the 8"s with your LSX!! They way I see it , the only thing that you have that runs is YOUR MOUTH!!! Why dont you go back to the LSX section and hide!! I seriously cant understand how the ???? you dont get banned from this site. All you ever do is bad mouth buicks!!
I got 10 grand on my Buick against your whimpy ole LSX any time!! Mike

Do I know you? Have we met? You seem to be jumping in my posts lately.

Do you have a car?

What's your name?

Do I know you? Have we met? You seem to be jumping in my posts lately.

Do you have a car?

What's your name?

As soon as you stop trashing Buick conversations with your LSX BS I will stay off your arse. Just because you spent 20 grand+ on a motor from Dan and tore it up immediatly doesnt mean you need to hate on Buicks. Maybe if you had any ability at all , you might have built your own motor!!!

I have a buick drag car with a stage 2 in it - yea its fast - and yea you wont be much of match with your LSX!!!

My name is Mike Booher and Im in Dayton , Ohio!! Now whats your name ???

Hmmm mike booher...that name rings a bell. Oh yeah you are the guy that sells junk according to DLS. I believe you are the guy that can't tell the difference between a ported and unported bgc intake. Remember that one? The one you sold Ted A? Sold as unported but it was ported?

We fired DLS due to his lack of ability...next.

I have a Weaver Bros pump, bracket and mandrels I am looking to sell. It came on my stage 2 engine. I believe it is a 3 stage. Looks like it has never been used. PM me if interested.
parts for sale jan11 007.jpg
parts for sale jan11 007.jpgparts for sale jan11 022.jpg

Hmmm mike booher...that name rings a bell. Oh yeah you are the guy that sells junk according to DLS. I believe you are the guy that can't tell the difference between a ported and unported bgc intake. Remember that one? The one you sold Ted A? Sold as unported but it was ported?

We fired DLS due to his lack of ability...next.

Wow !! I guess you got me!! Im 60 years old , been racing and building my own engines since I was 20 years old. Pretty sure I might know the difference between a unported & ported intake. Dan doesnt seem to like very many people , so that puts me on a long list!! I dont mind , my shits faster than his.

Sorry I still didnt catch your name!! Mike

I run a 4 stage SCP pump and it is okays. 3 scavange and one pressure and it does the job fine.

biggest damn headache is mounting the pump to the block with its length and the freakin oil manifold from the scavange ports.

There are a few reasons why I went with a drysump;
Number ONE is SAFETY. If you blow an engine, you're not dumping 7+ quarts of oil under your tires at big mph numbers. It's not a good experience. Take it from me, I know.
2) Gets the large supply of oil away from the rotating crankshaft. Reduces internal engine drag.
3) Very stable oil supply to the engine at high accelerating, braking and cornering G forces.
4) The oil gets a good chance to deaerate in the oil supply tank before being pumped back into the block.
5) Can be setup to help evac the crankcase.

The downsides;
1) Expensive
2) Complicated
3) Special fabrication can be required to properly fit the system.
4) Maintenance keeping a check on the condition of the hoses and the pump drive belt.

After all being said, if the car will mainly be used for the street, I wouldn't bother with it. Unless the car is a real killer. Then I would do it simply for the safety factor.

Thanks Don!
Prasad

I run a 4 stage SCP pump and it is okays. 3 scavange and one pressure and it does the job fine.

biggest damn headache is mounting the pump to the block with its length and the freakin oil manifold from the scavange ports.

Any Pics?

Thanks
Prasad

Any Pics?

Thanks
Prasad

I threw it all together for a quick peek!
a14.jpg

3ba.jpg

Mine is different in that I mount the pump off of the timing cover. This will BARELY ----- BARELY fit into stock engine mount locations. A 3 stage pump would solve alot of issues over the 4.

I threw it all together for a quick peek!
a14.jpg

3ba.jpg

Mine is different in that I mount the pump off of the timing cover. This will BARELY ----- BARELY fit into stock engine mount locations. A 3 stage pump would solve alot of issues over the 4.

Wow, thank you! I have a 3stage pump so you're saying it will clear the cross member and motor mount with out any modifications? How many quarts is your tank?
Thanks!
Prasad

Wow, thank you! I have a 3stage pump so you're saying it will clear the cross member and motor mount with out any modifications? How many quarts is your tank?
Thanks!
Prasad

if you mount your pump off the Timing cover like mine, then it might be possible to fit your location using the shorter 3 stage pump. I cannot confirm nor deny that it will.... so i want to emphasize that it will be a trial and error kinda deal. (i dont want to lead you wrong - you know how fusterating piecing stg2 stuff is) Ive noticed that 90% of all the dry sump systems ive seen mount the pump off the head. I like it, but leaves no room for anything else. mounting off the timing cover should retain all of the stock LC2 style stuff. I would be interested in trading parts around since I dont have any of those packaging concerns of the LC2 since im supercharged. Also........hint* hint*, mandrels and pully stuffs can be robbed from Chrysler Hemi parts.

my tank is 5 quarts.... total system should be right around 8. you wont need anymore then that. I will suggest that if you can get an oil scavange manifold it will save alot of trouble with lines and return to the tank. it makes packaging easier. but be warned the stupid oil manifold is expensive. Fab it yourself if you can. If you want to play on the street with it, use dual 1 quart filters as they will keep the pressure drop low. also add an oil heater and spend decent coin on the breather tank, as the breather will be a large part of the street temperment of the system.

I hope that helps a little....

if you mount your pump off the Timing cover like mine, then it might be possible to fit your location using the shorter 3 stage pump. I cannot confirm nor deny that it will.... so i want to emphasize that it will be a trial and error kinda deal. (i dont want to lead you wrong - you know how fusterating piecing stg2 stuff is) Ive noticed that 90% of all the dry sump systems ive seen mount the pump off the head. I like it, but leaves no room for anything else. mounting off the timing cover should retain all of the stock LC2 style stuff. I would be interested in trading parts around since I dont have any of those packaging concerns of the LC2 since im supercharged. Also........hint* hint*, mandrels and pully stuffs can be robbed from Chrysler Hemi parts.

my tank is 5 quarts.... total system should be right around 8. you wont need anymore then that. I will suggest that if you can get an oil scavange manifold it will save alot of trouble with lines and return to the tank. it makes packaging easier. but be warned the stupid oil manifold is expensive. Fab it yourself if you can. If you want to play on the street with it, use dual 1 quart filters as they will keep the pressure drop low. also add an oil heater and spend decent coin on the breather tank, as the breather will be a large part of the street temperment of the system.

I hope that helps a little....

Great info here.....Thank you so much! I do have the manifold I beleive, I just have to look for them. I am sure I will bug you later with more questions.

Thanks again!
Prasad

Great info here.....Thank you so much! I do have the manifold I beleive, I just have to look for them. I am sure I will bug you later with more questions.

Thanks again!
Prasad

Im no expert... im not nearly as fast as most here... but if I can help you got it!

So feel free to msg me or call after hours

(575)-405-291 one.

A.j.