Converter for new combo

007gn

I need my converter altered or a new converter for my combo . 4.1 ported gn1s 215/220 hydrllr 6870 turbo 80s with alchy front mount prec inner tt6.1 chip 200r4nl . I currently have a ptc 9.5 nl 18 blade . This is a full weight 87T . Thanks guys.

Or share your data so we can figure it out for you

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What are you wanting....tighter or looser?
I think I want the converter to be tighter in 3rd for more mph in the 1/4. Here is the specs to my current conv that's in my car right now . I was thinking I should of had a 17 blade.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
I think I want the converter to be tighter in 3rd for more mph in the 1/4. Here is the specs to my current conv that's in my car right now . I was thinking I should of had a 17 blade.

it will all depend on how hard you are running your current combo, Your 60' times and how the engine builds boost.
Also your shift point rpm and how far the rpm falls back on the 2-3 gear change, and what slip% you have.
There is a chance that the converter is correct but you are not putting enough power to it, we really need all of the info above to help you.

I was running the same converter configuration that you have and it worked very well for my high 9 second car.
I was able to build boost easily and 60' off the foot brake in the 1.3x range and slip thru the traps was 5-6%.

On the gear change the rpm would fall back to 5300 and the engine would pull back up nicely.

This was with a low compression 233 inch engine and my combo had 9.4-9.5 potential on a day that was not 94*
and with the boost turned up where it needed to be. HPQ 71 turbo.

Where do you shift, and where does the converter flash to? I run an 18blade, i have ran it for 7 years, with many different combos. A 17 blade is going to be about 200 rpms tighter. You can run tractor fluid to tighten up you converter.

Thanks so much for the replies guys . My car has that stage right transbrake so I can't shift it out . When i pull the shifter to 1st gear it engages the trans brake . & when I bump the shifter it goes to 3rd/drive . But I don't like using the trans brake so I just leave it in 3rd/ drive in let it shift itself out . I'll try in get some logs by Tuesday or Wednesday if the weather permits . N thanks for reminding me about the tractor fluid . John Deere right?