Crankshaft on Ebay

Yes it will work as many folks on this board are using that Cat crank. I have one from the same place setting in my basement. BUT it's not a drop in replacement. Needs to be completly checked by an expert for proper clearences and requires internal balancing of the rotating assembly.

just got one from them-i offered them $200. plus shipping and they readily took me up on it-$252. shipped

crank

I got one its a nice piece it had less then 1/2 thousanded run out on the crank main journals . It is internally balanced though you need a neutral balanced balancer and flywheel also the woodreft key needs a lil massaging. good crank i payed 350.00 shipped .so its a good deal.

What kind of horsepower will it take? After checking it all out, will it handle what a stock crank would? What make of bearings are you using?

urhstry said:
What kind of horsepower will it take? After checking it all out, will it handle what a stock crank would? What make of bearings are you using?
ill ask my engine builder about bearings ... i would say just as much HP as an eagle

49-blues said:
just got one from them-i offered them $200. plus shipping and they readily took me up on it-$252. shipped

same here 244 shipped. :D

already have the bhj balancer and jw flexplate.

i will be ready if i blow the current assembly up!

The 4340 cranks are supposed to be good to about 1000 horsepower-better and stronger that the stock cranks.